Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g green slip from mumbai

Hi Friends,

I am very tensed as I write this. I had my visa interview today. The interviewer just asked what I worked as and about my education. She then handed over a 221(g) green slip to me which mentions that i need to email them more information. Below is the information requested:
    1) Invitation letter from the company.
    2) Resume.
    3) Research.
    4) Position.
    5) Purpose of the visit.
    6) Itenary of all locations I will visit.
    7) Funding: Name of the person who will fund my trip
    8) Travelers: A list of all the travellers who will accompany me.
    9) Travel dates of all international travel except for US.

I have done my masters in computer engineering from Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, USA. I have been working with the current company since dec 22. They applied for my H1b this year and I came here for vacation in September and went for stamping today ie 21st September. I don't understand the reason for the refusal.

Also, Is this a new process where they are asking to email information. I haven't read any post here which mentions anything about emailing information to the counsulate.

The slip says it will take a minimum of 2 weeks. Can someone please advise me as to how long it will take. I have my vacation until 3rd of October and am really worried.

Thanks a lot,
    Maxx

I am very tensed as I write this. I had my visa interview today. The interviewer just asked what I worked as and about my education. She then handed over a 221(g) green slip to me which mentions that i need to email them more information. Below is the information requested:
    2) Resume.
    3) Research.
    4) Position.
    5) Purpose of the visit.

I have done my masters in computer engineering from Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, USA. I have been working with the current company since dec 22. They applied for my H1b this year and I came here for vacation in September and went for stamping today ie 21st September. I don't understand the reason for the refusal.

Also, Is this a new process where they are asking to email information. I haven't read any post here which mentions anything about emailing information to the counsulate.

---- Yes emailing the US Consulate looks to be a new process for them to get the necessary information. Dropping documents has led to missing documents and other such stuff. Whichever way the process is to completed the US Consulate will review your documents and get back to you

The slip says it will take a minimum of 2 weeks. Can someone please advise me as to how long it will take. I have my vacation until 3rd of October and am really worried.

---- Although they claim 2 weeks it may take longer and how much longer is anyone's guess. At best everyone can only speculate the length of time, but hope the process is complete in 2 weeks

---- It may be hard to keep up your vacation time as 3rd OCt is just close by and you may have to reschedule your journey date. You may speak to your empployer regarding the issue if you do not receive any response by 3dr Oct and also email the US Consulate to update your case status if you have not received any reply from them

----- This is rather unfortunate that people such as yourself are made to wait for unknown length of time for no reason. Be patient and hope things work out well in the end

Subramanya

Comment

Welcome to the club of '221g' Holders

Firstly, the good part is that 221g is not a Visa denial. The consulate is seeking more information to ensure that all the organisations and the individual involved in the utilization of H1B visa are genuine & eligible for employment.

The bad or 'not so good' part is the time taken for the process to get completed and the agonising wait for the inolved person.

I can share my experience with you which is similar. I had attended an interview in New Delhi consulate ( for H1B restamping ) on 3rd August. The officer explicitly stated that everyhting was OK with my individual credentials, but wante dme to provide Proof of current employement and Letter from End customer, apart from copies of the petition, I-129 and resume. I submitted the docs on 5th Aug and i got a mail from the consulate on 9th August with another 221g form asking me to submit the end customer letter. I wasn't sure why they were asking for letter from end customerr again. However, to ensure that the consulate dos not come back agian with more requirements, we submitted a comprehensive set of documents including letters form current customer, all past clients wher I had been engaged, all intermediaries involved etc. All these docs wre submitted on 31st August and I am yet to hear back from the consulate. When I call up the consulate i am told that my case is under 'Administrative Processing'

'Administrative Processsng' as per what I have read in this forum involves a check on the genuneness of the docs submitted by you, the organisation involved and the process is conducted by the USCIS in Washington. There is no committment made by the consulate for the time that it can take to get a response as every indivdual case is different. However, some of the threads in this forum provide some insights in terms of the time taken. The average seesm to be 4-6 weeks from the time of submission of docs. But there are cases which have taken months to get resolved.

So my advice to you is to submit the required docs at the earliest and then start praying if you are a believer.

Also would request you to update this thread in case you hear from the consulate any sooner so that others can benefit

Comment

Tnx

Thanks Subramanya and Harry,

Your replies give me hope and encouragement. Rightly said, the only thing in my hand is to submit the documents and wait. Rest I will leave to prayers and luck.

Fortunately my company has been very supportive of the entire process and has been willing to hep me through it. Hopefully, things will be sorted out soon.

I will keep the thread updated. Harry, do let me know if you get any updates.

Thanks all.

Comment

221g fee

Hi guys I had an interview on 20th SEP I was given a 221g form and was asked to submit some documents.
          I have a question is there any fee for submitting the documents and if there is any fee should i pay it in HDFC bank or can I pay the Fee in cash at the VFS office.
          And should we submit original documents or copies of all the documents.
          Last edited by Hyd007; 09-25-2010, 12:21 AM.

Comment

At VFS office, to submit documents you have to pay fees and have to give it in cash i think , the amount should be around 200 rupees.

Comment

221g

Thanks for the information guys
              It is mentioned in the 221g that the submitted documents will not be returned
              so should I submit copies of documents or originals of all the documents.

Comment

Please follow what is mentioned in 221g form, in the form if they have asked for any originals like I797 etc then submit original etc else copy will suffice.

Comment

hi

Hi Bhavik, Did you receive any update from the consulate? I am also in the similar situation. I got the same 221g document like you.

Did you get your visa finally? Please let me know.

Comment

Hello,

I had my L1 visa interview on 19 oct. The interviewer just asked what I worked as and about my education. He then handed over a 221(g) green slip to me which mentions that i need to email them more information. Below is the information requested:
                    2) Resume.
                    3) Research.
                    4) Position.
                    5) Purpose of the visit.

I have prepared these documents. Can anyone tell me is there any specific format for same? I have one pdf scanned copy of invitation letter, word document for resume and one more word document containing the rest information. Is this fine or should I change something?

What will be the further steps for the same? Will they call me or I need to take folloup with them continuously?

Please reply

Regards,
                    Sumit

Comment

@ everybody....

Same here guys....interview date 16th june and 221g asked from me....
                      date of submission 24th june and I am in India still.....
                      Keep up the good hopes and keep praying ...good part is they will return back to you eventually granting you the H!B ...not so good is the waiting period.....Anyhow I would suggest that keep looking for jobs ....you never know how long time they may take....

Comment

H Sumit,
                        Sorry to hear about that. Welcome to the world of "Administrative processing". I know it is hard not to worry much but there is nothing much you can do. Just submit the documents and hope for the best. There is no specific formats for the documents. Make sure you submit all that is asked. For me, I made a seperate word document for each of the requirments asked. Even if something is not applicable to you, submit a document for it. For instance, I clearly mentioned that I am noit currently involved in any Research nor intend to do any future research but did mention in detail about my past Research. Make sure the documents are not too long. For example, they thought my research document was too long, they wanted it 2 paragraphs at the most. I had to shorten it and resubmit it.
                        I had my interview on 21st september, and submitted the latest documents on 5th October. Got a reply on 21st October to submit my passport.
                        It looks like its taking 3-4 weeks for similar cases.

Comment

221 G Green in Delhi consulate

Hello,

I attended my interview on 11/2 and was handed the Green 221 G form in a very unfortunate sequence of events.

My interview lasted for about 15 minutes and I have been working since March 2010. I came to US on H4 Visa in 2008.

The VO was very nice and seemed like he was going to keep my passport for H1 stamping. He also cancelled my H4 stating that "Now you are getting a new Visa and will not need H4 anymore".

After answering all the questions, verifying I129 approval, LCA, Client letters etc, he asked for my I129 petition. My employer did not provide me with the I129 petition but instead put it within a sealed document addressed to the VO. When I mentioned this to the VO, he said that this is a security risk and not sure how they let me in with a sealed envelope.

Anyways, in the end the VO discussed my case with 2 other VOs and handed me the Green 221g circling I-129 and a note that the sealed document needs to be opened.

I submitted the I-129 petition on the same day and the VFS center in Delhi told me that this usually takes 2-3 days for response from consulate. I have not got any response yet; the helpline keeps saying that my case is under Admin processing.

Please respond if anyone got approval on 221 g green form and how long it took so that we, who are waiting for approval can determine how long this agonizing wait will be.

I have my return trip on the 11/13 but I guess I will have to postpone.

Experts, any help to estimate the approval time will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

huurreyy

Hurreeyy...
                            Finally I got approval..They have asked me to send my passport to VFS..no interview again...
                            It took exactly 3 weeks for this process....

Regards
                            Sumit

Comment

I also got green slip for h1B. Can anyone tell me what exactly we need to submit for
                              invitation letter?
                              purpose?
                              Itinerary? - as I do not know when will i travel back as it depends on the visa and also which all locations. can i give location of my client and my company where i will be working?
                              funding? as i am sponsoring my trip can i write self funding as the same was mentioned in ds 160.
                              I do not have any research so i wont be submitting that document. is this fine?
                              please help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X