Fiancee Visa..meeting in person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiancee Visa..meeting in person

I met my fiancee in person in September of 2008. I then filed a fiancee visa petition in Oct 2008. We are still awaiting a decision. Uscis asked for some evidence which I provided in March of 2010. My question is that we have not seen each other in person since 08. Is it required to see each other in person every two years during this process? I live in the USA and she is from the Philippines. The trip is expensive and long. Im ok with going back if needed, but I am trying to keep funds aside for her trip here as well. Is it possible she could visit me here while the fiancee visa is pending? Please, I need advice as my efforts through USCIS are always receiving the same answers. The actual reps on the phone are all programmed to make certain replies to you. They always leave me feeling frustrated.

I think you or she needs to fly to one or the other is. That way you can also collect more evidence, pictures, receipts. I've read that you or your fiance can travel whilst the k1 fiance visa is in process.

Comment

Originally posted by stormyone View Post
      I met my fiancee in person in September of 2008. I then filed a fiancee visa petition in Oct 2008. We are still awaiting a decision. Uscis asked for some evidence which I provided in March of 2010. My question is that we have not seen each other in person since 08. Is it required to see each other in person every two years during this process? I live in the USA and she is from the Philippines. The trip is expensive and long. Im ok with going back if needed, but I am trying to keep funds aside for her trip here as well. Is it possible she could visit me here while the fiancee visa is pending? Please, I need advice as my efforts through USCIS are always receiving the same answers. The actual reps on the phone are all programmed to make certain replies to you. They always leave me feeling frustrated.
      It seems strange to me that you have not received an answer as yet considering you filed 2008. This year that will make it 3 years. A 129f petition only lasts a certain amount of time and then USCIS would say it has expired.
      You said you received and RFE and sent them more evidence in March 2010? What does your status say on USCIS web site? As you have not seen her since 2008 you would need to see each other again and take many photos and provide documents of the trip as in plane ticket stubs boarding passes, phone calls, much more than what you say you have given, if they have not already closed the petition as Expired. How many times have you rung USCIS since March last year? Were you not the slightest curious as to why you had not heard within a month or so. This all seems like something is missing here.

Comment

Replies

I have contacted them and they tell me now they are awaiting hte "security clearance". Yes, I call. Then I get a response always saying the same thing. Review of evidence. I now have my local Congressman making inquiries on my behalf as well. What more can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by stormyone View Post
          I have contacted them and they tell me now they are awaiting hte "security clearance". Yes, I call. Then I get a response always saying the same thing. Review of evidence. I now have my local Congressman making inquiries on my behalf as well. What more can I do?
          Not much more you can do if you have congressman involved. I would suggest you both see each other and soon. Yes she can come visit you while pending but she will need strong proof to show she has ties back in her country. They need to know she is going back and is not trying to immigrate. She can come visit with visitor visa or VWP if her country comes under that. But to be honest with you I feel your petition has expired and no one is giving you a straight answer. When you see each other get lots of pics date them and where they were taken.

Comment

Today I logged in to USCIS website

They made a decision. They said our visa is denied. I am awaiting a letter in the mail so I thats all the info I have now. I feel crushed. What options do we have now?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X