I won 2012 DV lottery that includes my spouse and 3 year old child. We have got our visa which requires the port of entry in the USA before 20 Nov 2012. I have some queries, please bear with me to read them through.
1. both of us are working in United Nations, can we continue work here in our native country by maintaining Greencard. Are we allowed to work at our native country in the organization like UN. If so, I came to know that we need to file a tax return after spending extended time out of US, do we have to pay tax for any foreign country income? if yes, what will be case for being UN staff where tax is exempted.
2. We are planning to remain in the USA only for one month since we will only be granted for 1 month leave at the office. Would this time-frame be sufficient enough in order to get greencard and Social security card on hand?
3. Can i get my SSN and Green Card in my native country sent through courier service once it is received by my uncle who lives in the stated address of US. Then I will plan when to visit USA next.
4. As I plan to stay in USA only for about a month, will there be any consequence at immigration if i buy round-trip ticket in advance? will this make any difference?
5. Could you please suggest, how will it be possible to get visitors visa or tourist visa for my parents before i leave to US? because they will be left alone here which i don't want to be.
Many thanks in advance for your time and suggestions on my concerns.