Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploring for Study Courses which will help to get OPT / CPT status

Hello Everyone,

I am currently based out of Sunnyvale, CA and looking for a Study Course for my Wife.

My Wife has 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer and Oracle PL/SQL Developer/Programmer in Application Development with Wipro Technologies, Bangalore, India.
    She is currently based out of San Francisco Bay Area and is on H4 Visa.

I am looking for a Study Course for her which will allow her to attain the OPT / CPT status within the first few months so she could start working, may be in the next 3-6 months.

Please let me know if you have any information about such courses.
    Any additional information would be highly beneficial.

Thanks in advance
    Vishal

I will advise you to not take that route. People have been placed under house arrest and deported for getting involved with schools that offer CPT from day one. People from TVU and UNVA still face problems in their H1 petitions and Visa applications. Enforcement is very strict. There was a recent case in NJ too.
    Better find a job with a genuine employer who can file H1 for her. Otherwise, enroll in an accredited, legitimate school for a legitimate degree and then find a job on OPT after degree completion.
    Taking shortcuts can ruin her future career.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Right now on H4, looking for courses

Hello,

Similar story again..I am on H4.
      I have worked in software telecom company for 4 years in India and then did my MBA in India.

Now since its very difficult to get H1, I am planning to study further.
      So could you please suggest some courses which would help me get OPT and then eventually H1B visa.??

Actually I am confused whether shoudl I got for something like MS in computer science or Management in Information sysytems.

If there are any other relevant courses with shorter duration and effective too( in terms of getting ajob later)

I am staying in Jersey City

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X