Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 student visa rejected under 214(b)

Hi,

I attended visa interview at chennai U.S. Consulate on June 4th ,2012. I am working as Test Analyst in an MNC. I was denied visa under 214(b) stating that i lack strong ties with my home country. She did not even had a look at my I-20. The interview went like this.

VO: Good Morning
    Me: Good morning madam

VO: what are you going to do in US?
    Me: Madam, I am going to pursue masters in computer science from University of Missouri, Kansas city

VO: why this University?
    Me: Ya. I selected this university based on some reasons. they are...It has a strong research foundation in my area of interest and the professo....(interrupted)

VO: Pls sir..Dont give the answers which you rememberize...Now let me know what is in your mind
    Me: OK madam. Let me explain you very clearly. From my career prespective, it helps to..(interrupted again)

VO: What i am asking and what you are saying?
    Me: No madam. I am just trying to make it simple and clear.

VO: No. U r trying to deviate me.
    Me: No madam. I will make it straight this time. the lab facilities,faculty and student to faculty ratio..(interrupted again)

VO: y r u bothering about student to faculty ratio. r u gng there to work as faculty?
    Me: No madam.(I am confused)...The student to faculty ratio is a good indicator of quality education

VO: No. I dont believe this answer.
    Me: (Speechless)

VO: why this university? why not university of houston, clearlake(I applied 6 universities and i got 5 admits...houston in still in process)
    Me: University of houston, clearlake is still in review process.

VO: Then wait for houston to come...
    Me: this university is my first priority because it has lot of emphasis on software architecture(my area of interest).

VO: No. I dont believe this answer
    Me: (remained silent...thought of saying that i got scholarship thats y this university)

VO: give me your gre, toefl score cards
    Me: i gave (gre 309/340(1130/1600), toefl ibt 88/120)

VO: give me your bachelor's marks sheets
    Me: I gave

VO: What's your percentage?any backlogs?
    Me: 79% madam. first class with distinction. No backlogs.

VO: Sorry sir, I cannot issue visa to you today.(gave 214 (b) form with the reason mentioned above)
    Me: (sad face) thanks madam.

please help me ....what do you think was the reason for my rejection?
    where i went wrong? my mistakes?
    How i could correct that 2nd time?

When we get rejected under 214(b) , they ask for "how the case is different from the earlier?" what is the difference i can show them if i reapply. Any letters that i can take?

Any response on this is appreciable....I have to apply 2nd time in a few days..pls help me

She probably was PMSing dude. People have got F1 visa with worse answers than what you gave. She was definitely sex deprived. I'm sure these white chicks are plain bimbos.

Comment

thanks boss for your reply...i hope it would be more valuable if you suggest me the difference that i can show this time... from the first interview

Comment

Visa issue

Brother don't worry sometimes it happens...

be positive...wait fot the I-20 from Houston as she said and apply for 2nd time...mention same reason as I was told and have a good answer for Ques Why you are going to this Uni...

GooD Luck...SS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X