Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent- DS-160 Help SSN

Hi to all cool seniors on the forum
    I am filling the DS-160 and it asks for ssn. and in explaination it says that it is required to work in usa.
    now my question is that eighteen year back when i was 11 year old I visited along with family and we got ssn for visitors marked "NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT' . Now I am applying for F1 and filling the DS 160, do I need to give this SSN in the form.
    Thanks for your time.
    Regards

That is okay, just enter it in the form. It will not affect anything.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      That is okay, just enter it in the form. It will not affect anything.
      Thanks Senior Kabkaba, won't VO would conclude that people take SSN when they have intention of other than tourism such as opening bank accounts, driver licence , renting apartment etc.

Comment

No.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Another question

Hi.. I have been working in the US for the past 1.5 years and I do have an SSN number. However while filling the DS-160 form I forgot to sumit the number and just clicked "does not apply". I have a Visa appointment on July 2nd. Will it be an issue? Should I cancel appointment and submit new DS-160 form? Please advice. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by kasamika View Post
            Hi.. I have been working in the US for the past 1.5 years and I do have an SSN number. However while filling the DS-160 form I forgot to sumit the number and just clicked "does not apply". I have a Visa appointment on July 2nd. Will it be an issue? Should I cancel appointment and submit new DS-160 form? Please advice. Thanks a lot.
            Hi there, What is your status in US. are authorize to work in usa or doing under table. If you are authorize to work than why are you shy of mentioning ss#. and if you are doing under table than ??
            If you havent taken appointment you can abandon this application and create another one. As daddy kabkaba advised me to give ssn and I did it. VO had no concern about it and he did not mention any thing about it. but it was employment not allowed ss# and I had never done work in usa. Further though he asked no question about this ssn but he refused visa on other grounds. It was study visa F1 and he objected on funding from usa, my age 29 is not fit for bachelor degree, applied to community college and only one uni i applied to. giving these details to guide others who may not waste 400 dollars in application (incl sevis fee and other expensed which is charged in advance whether a student is granted visa or not, May good Lord save us from such financial thud in bad days). take care and good luck, and special greetings to kabkaba the great adviser on this forum .

Comment

Originally posted by bassaniobroke View Post
              Hi there, What is your status in US. are authorize to work in usa or doing under table. If you are authorize to work than why are you shy of mentioning ss#. and if you are doing under table than ??
              If you havent taken appointment you can abandon this application and create another one. As daddy kabkaba advised me to give ssn and I did it. VO had no concern about it and he did not mention any thing about it. but it was employment not allowed ss# and I had never done work in usa. Further though he asked no question about this ssn but he refused visa on other grounds. It was study visa F1 and he objected on funding from usa, my age 29 is not fit for bachelor degree, applied to community college and only one uni i applied to. giving these details to guide others who may not waste 400 dollars in application (incl sevis fee and other expensed which is charged in advance whether a student is granted visa or not, May good Lord save us from such financial thud in bad days). take care and good luck, and special greetings to kabkaba the great adviser on this forum .

What drew my attention is the tone of this post and the unnecessary and baseless assumptions thrown in. As I can see the poster (bassaniobroke) him or herself had come to the forum with a question and got advice in a civil tone.

But chooses to immediately post the above in response to a fellow member.

From reading [kasamika's] the post the only thing we can assume is it was a genuine mistake of not mentioning the SSN and if anyone has first hand experience then they should advice accordingly.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X