Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent- time period on I20

Hi friends,
    I got I20 from a community college and it mentions time to complete the degree=40 months
    this is an associate degree which in the program mentioned is four semesters (means two years)
    the college is so bad that it does not answer to my e-mails, can any one explain what is logic of mentioning 40 months instead of 24 months. Or this is grace period for failures means maximum time to complete degree.
    yes one answer college gave me that this does not include further studies at university to complete four years of degree and this is only time at their college.
    Appreciate your kind suggestions and possibilities because VO will ask this question for sure to check my knowledge.
    Thanks
    BB

That's fine. You can complete earlier.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      That's fine. You can complete earlier.
      Thank you sir for quick reply, today I received reply from College that this time is their estimate. It appears that it is estimate for in state students because I have seen that international students are not awarded generous time period in the beginning by VO. One more question what should I mention in DS-160 about time period, what is given in i20 ie 40 months or 24 months. Please do reply to this question. This forum and Senior like you are blessing for newbies.
      Regards
      BB

Comment

24 months.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X