Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that USCIS will no longer return I-20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that USCIS will no longer return I-20?

I changed my status to F-2. An RFE was issued for an original I-20. Later the case was approved. But I received the approval notice without the stamped I-20.

I did some research and found someone said the USCIS will no longer return I-20 from June 2012. Is it true? I contacted the USCIS today. The lady answering my call said she didn't know about it, but they didn't get update on a lot of information.

Anyone with similar situation?

I don't know about this because I haven't received my endorsed I-20 either. I only received the approval notice.

Comment

I just cheked for this on the USCIS website and it says those who applied using the new online system USCIS ELIS or paper based system will not receive a stamped copy of the I-20.
      Last edited by nehs; 06-15-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

They havent returned mine. I am waiting for it desperately as my school is not issuing me new I-20 for change of course untill they have the original back from USCIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomashy View Post
          I changed my status to F-2. An RFE was issued for an original I-20. Later the case was approved. But I received the approval notice without the stamped I-20.

I did some research and found someone said the USCIS will no longer return I-20 from June 2012. Is it true? I contacted the USCIS today. The lady answering my call said she didn't know about it, but they didn't get update on a lot of information.

Anyone with similar situation?
          Yeah I changed my status to F1 and they issued me RFE for original I-20 too and now that they have it, they are not returning it back . I got approval notice on 4th June 2012 in mail..3 weeks still no I-20

Comment

Not received Endorsed I-20 from USCIS

Hi,

I too have not receieved my I-20 yet from USCIS I have got my Approval on May 31st...I only recieved I-797 A but not I-20..After that I called USCIS but they don't have any proper Information..Is anyone having the same issue?

Comment

Hi all

Hi,

I am in the same situation as you all. What do I do to obtain another i20 or is having an i20 very important since they don't return the i20's anymore? They passed the law only in June I think,what happens to people who applied before that?

I had applied for my change of status to F1 on May 18th and received it as approved on August 6th 2012. The problem is I think only now, they have changed the process to online in June i think. So since there was no electronic option earlier I had sent in my original i20 in the postal mail. I just received the F1 approval notice on 11th August. But no i20 stamped. My university starts on september 4th. And now the rule is the i20 need not be stamped right? So since I don't have any i20, now in my posession. Will the school again issue me the same original i20 again? since I guess you need an i20 , whether stamped or not. Will they charge for that now or what is the procedure? or should I still keep my hopes high and wait for the stamped i20 from the USCIS? Could you all tell me what you all did?

Comment

Originally posted by swayta View Post
                Hi,

I am in the same situation as you all. What do I do to obtain another i20 or is having an i20 very important since they don't return the i20's anymore? They passed the law only in June I think,what happens to people who applied before that?

I had applied for my change of status to F1 on May 18th and received it as approved on August 6th 2012. The problem is I think only now, they have changed the process to online in June i think. So since there was no electronic option earlier I had sent in my original i20 in the postal mail. I just received the F1 approval notice on 11th August. But no i20 stamped. My university starts on september 4th. And now the rule is the i20 need not be stamped right? So since I don't have any i20, now in my posession. Will the school again issue me the same original i20 again? since I guess you need an i20 , whether stamped or not. Will they charge for that now or what is the procedure? or should I still keep my hopes high and wait for the stamped i20 from the USCIS? Could you all tell me what you all did?
                Hi,

I am on the same boat. Is there any update. Did anyone get new I-20 from the school as the I-20 submitted to uscis has not been returned?

Comment

New I20 received!!

Hi everyone,

I applied for change of status from H4 to F1. It was approved in August, but I too did not receive my I20 back. When I contacted my school's international center, they issued me a new I20. The school did not know of rule changes till students started to email them.
                  It states in USCIS that no stamping on the I20 will not affect employment or in the DMV, however if you still require the stamping you can get it done through an InfoPass link on the USCIS website.

You should be getting a new I20 from the school, kindly contact your respective international student centers.

Good Luck!!

Comment

You do not anyway need the I-20 that was initially given to you. Once you get your change of status approved, your school will update your SEVIS record to "continued student" and then wil issue you another I-20. So it does not really matter whether the initially issued I-20 was stamped or not.

Comment

Kindly help!!!!

Hello,

I have got admission for Masters and planning to start the course JAN2013.I am looking for some kind of assistance in letting me know the information for the conversion of H4 to F1.......Kindly,let me know the procedure after getting I20.....Thank You so much for your help in advance...You can also e-mail me at [email protected].

Thank You,
                      Gudluck to all.

Originally posted by MBalki View Post
                      Hi everyone,

I applied for change of status from H4 to F1. It was approved in August, but I too did not receive my I20 back. When I contacted my school's international center, they issued me a new I20. The school did not know of rule changes till students started to email them.
                      It states in USCIS that no stamping on the I20 will not affect employment or in the DMV, however if you still require the stamping you can get it done through an InfoPass link on the USCIS website.

You should be getting a new I20 from the school, kindly contact your respective international student centers.

Good Luck!!

Comment

I think you could have started New thread. Also please note that this is my understanding:
                        Anyways please find below the information that you are in need:
                        Change of status Requirements:

1. I-539 form from USCIS website. (Type i-539 and hit in the search box of USCIS website and download the form)
                        Or
                        You can file online and sent the supporting documents along with the online receipt.

2. Original I-20 from your university (Include your spouse I-20 if applying along with F2).

3. Three latest pay stubs

4. 300$ of check in favor of Department of Home land security (only for Paper filing)

5. SEVIS Fee receipt

6. 36 pages of passport including I-94 copy.

7. Bank statement or affidavit of support - this should show the account balance required to complete your course.

Fyi – You can personally visit bank branch and get a verification of deposit that shows your balance or you can request them through phone to send this letter, there will be a charge of $10 for sending it.

8. Change of Status Letter - you can find some samples in google. (make sure that you are choosing the good one)

9. If available, a letter from current employer verifying still in position AND/OR current pay -- this is like offer letter.

H-4 or L-2 dependents - need to submit the evidence listed above of the H-1's or L-1's status at the time the H-4 or L-2 files the application with USCIS along with evidence of the relationship such as a birth or marriage certificate.

When the USCIS receives your application, it will deposit your payment of the fee and mail you a Form I-797 Notice of Receipt with your assigned case number. You can check the status of your application by calling the phone number on the bottom of the I-797 or online and entering your case number.

After you submit your change of status application to the USCIS, please inform the ISSO immediately in order for us to update your record in SEVIS.

Your obligations while a change of status is being adjudicated are as follows:

Provide the ISSO with any documents you receive from USCIS, including the notice of receipt of your application and notice of approval of your change of status when it has been adjudicated
                        Maintain full time enrollment
                        Report any change of address within 10 days using this form.

If you leave the U.S. after you have obtained the change of status, you must obtain an F-1 visa before your return to the U.S. See the ISSO website How to obtain F-1 status for information on applying for an F-1 visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X