I would be grateful if you could help me with the following issue:
I am currently under a J1 visa status but the company i trained with filed a H1B under premium processing for me. I am sending the additional documentation requested this week, so I should have a final answer re the H1B approval shortly.
The thing is that I am planning to travel outside of the US in August : i.e. between the decision re my visa (which I hope, let's be positive, will be in my favor) and the effect of the H1B (oct 1)? We did ask for regular consular service in the application (not change of status). I believe that i could reenter the US with my J1 in early september without jeopardizing my H1B status for october.
Can you confirm my understanding?
Thank you very much again for your help