Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help :Nogales Mexico F-1 Visa renewal

Hello

I am planning to renew my visa at Nogales, Mexico. My F-1 visa stamp expired in July 2010 and currently I am pursuing PhD with a valid I-20 till 2015. I would like to know if its good idea to renew
    the F-1 visa in Nogales ? A friend of mine suggested this idea. According to him, it takes less time may be 3-4 days to finish extra processing (if performed) at this consulate. I am not sure about his claim.
    Any suggestions/prior experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Kumar

Nobody can predict the outcome or the time it will take. There is always a risk in any F1 Visa application because of immigrant intent. I have read about some case that were approved in third countries and some who were denied just because the third country consulate could not verify educational or other certificates from applicant's home country. It is up to you if you want to take the risk. You don't have to renew the Visa just for the sake of it. You can remain in the US as long as you maintain full-time student status or doing OPT.
    Remember, if your Visa application is put on hold or denied, you will not be able to return to the US. You will have to travel to your home country directly from Mexico.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the reply. I think I should just go to India (Mumbai) consulate and renew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kumar_ View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I think I should just go to India (Mumbai) consulate and renew it.
        I have heard that visa rejections in India are more than that in Canada or Mexico, but since you are a PhD student, you will most likely be fine. Why don't you go to Canada instead?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Since I am in Phoenix area (ASU) its about 2.5 hrs drive from here. Canada is another option but perhaps little more expensive.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X