Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of status from F-1 to TN, no stamp yet currently out of the US. Can I transit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status from F-1 to TN, no stamp yet currently out of the US. Can I transit

I recently finished my studies in the U.S. I am all done, but I haven't received my degree yet. I will receive it by the end of the summer term in September.
    I am out of the U.S. in my home country (in Mexico) for a vacation before starting in the new job for which I filed for a change to TN status.
    I got a receipt of approval for my TN visa, but I still need to go to the embassy to get a stamp.
    I have to travel to Europe through the US, I thought that my F-1 visa would still work for transit, but my employer's immigration attorney said that it would not be a good idea. Any other means of travel to europe are insanely expensive, and I won't be able to get my TN stamp early enough. It looks also, that even if I did, I shouldn't use my TN stamp for transit before my working start date.

Is there anything at all that can be done about it. By the looks of it, I may have to forfeit my trip.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X