This case might seem peculiar or familiar to some of you but any tangible advise or information is a blessing in disguise.
This post is regarding a transfer of H1B from my previous employer to current employer. Please read my case carefully and write your comments:
1. I work at an Indian office for a US based company(since aug 2011).
2. In Jun 2012, my current employer filed a H1B but I did not make the 65000 cap.
3. We are currently deciding to apply for a L1B but that can be done only in august 2012 since I need to complete a year with current company.
My H1B history:
1. My H1B was approved and stamped on my passport from my first company in Jan 2007 which expired in Apr 2009(this was because my passport also expired then)
2. I never travelled/worked in US using this H1B since I quit and went for higher studies in Europe.
3. I do not have any document regarding my previous H1B petition/approval/notice since I discarded them regarding as useless. The only proof is the stamping.
4. I know that we need a copy of the original petition approval in order to transfer a H1 visa.
5. I checked my case status online with the receipt number printed on my visa and obviously it says it was approved (approval date September 2006)
Given these pre-conditions and my saga, is there a way to transfer my unused expired H1B visa without an approval notice to my current employer as a cap-exempt category?
I know I need to go for a new visa interview and all that but I want information about the steps before that.
I am currently talking to my attorney in US but until she gets back to me, I cant help ask this forum.
Thanks for reading this long post. I feel like Valmiki after writing so much.