Just want to post a short write up on my most recent AP experience.
1. Applied online in Feb, sent all required docs/photos in Feb, booked flight tickets for May. Figured the time window is bigger than the usual 90 days for processing.
2. No news till first week of April. Starting to panic slightly.
3. Towards mid of April received an RFE for photographs. Frustration kicks in as I had sent 6 photographs in the first place in Feb. After reading forums looks like it is not out of the ordinary for this to happen. Had to tell myself to calm down. Sent the photographs again.
4. First week of May, still no approval. Flight in 15 days. Did not look good.
5. Called up USCIS and put in an expedite request. AP came in 10 days (a week before flight). (A request: Please do not misuse the expedite request. It will adversely affect people who are really in a situation where a expedite request is too important. Thank you).