Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Default Lost the USCIS Receipt Notice

Hi All,

I filed I-94 extension for my dependents and USCIS sent the receipt notice to my employer but employer did not receive it. I think it has been lost in between.

In this scenario, what can I do or is there any way to get the duplicate receipt notice?

Please suggest.

Regards,

How do you know USCIS has sent the receipt notice? Talk to someone at USCIS or take an infopass appointment with USCIS.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Default Lost USICS receipt notice

Quote Originally Posted by shervin143 View Post
    How do you know USCIS has sent the receipt notice? Talk to someone at USCIS or take an infopass appointment with USCIS.
    Hi Shervin,

Thanks for reply...

I called USCIS and they told me that they have already sent.

I gave the receipt no to them which I got from my employer (USCIS has mentioned the receipt no on the back of check which they en-cashed).

Is there any way to get the receipt notice? and what is "infopass appointment "?

Would it be a problem, if I don’t have the receipt notice but having the receipt no?

Please suggest.

Receipt notice is only a confirmation stating that USCIS accepted your application. Eventhough it is good to have it to be on the safer side, you will not getinto any trouble for not having it. If you are planning to get a temporary driving license based on the pending petition, then it could be a problem. Otherwise, just wait for the approval notice. Get the copy of the application submitted to USCIS and make sure the address is entered corrected. For H4, the receipt notice will be uusually sent to the home address. Also the courtesy copy of the approval notice will be sent to your home address mentioned in form I-539. So check the addresses to make sure they are correct.

Check the below link for the infopassappointment.
    http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/infopass.html

Receipt notice is only a confirmation stating that USCIS accepted your application. Eventhough it is good to have it to be on the safer side, you will not getinto any trouble for not having it. If you are planning to get a temporary driving license based on the pending petition, then it could be a problem. Otherwise, just wait for the approval notice. Get the copy of the application submitted to USCIS and make sure the address is entered corrected. For H4, the receipt notice will be uusually sent to the home address. Also the courtesy copy of the approval notice will be sent to your home address mentioned in form I-539. So check the addresses to make sure they are correct.

Check the below link for the infopassappointment.
    http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/infopass.html
    Shervin - Thanks a lot for the information.

I got the scan copy of check en-cashed by USCIS and also the application submitted to USCIS from my employer... I think it will be helpful for me if someone ask for the filing proof.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by deepakdogra View Post
    Shervin - Thanks a lot for the information.

I got the scan copy of check en-cashed by USCIS and also the application submitted to USCIS from my employer... I think it will be helpful for me if someone ask for the filing proof.

Yes.
    Hi Shervin,

Just for curiosity based on your experience, what is the probability of getting the I-94 extension for Dependents (L2)?

I have the valid I-94 till 2014 end.

Regards,