Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost the USCIS Receipt Notice

Hi All,

I filed I-94 extension for my dependents and USCIS sent the receipt notice to my employer but employer did not receive it. I think it has been lost in between.

In this scenario, what can I do or is there any way to get the duplicate receipt notice?

Please suggest.

Regards,

How do you know USCIS has sent the receipt notice? Talk to someone at USCIS or take an infopass appointment with USCIS.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Lost USICS receipt notice

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      How do you know USCIS has sent the receipt notice? Talk to someone at USCIS or take an infopass appointment with USCIS.
      Hi Shervin,

Thanks for reply...

I called USCIS and they told me that they have already sent.

I gave the receipt no to them which I got from my employer (USCIS has mentioned the receipt no on the back of check which they en-cashed).

Is there any way to get the receipt notice? and what is "infopass appointment "?

Would it be a problem, if I don’t have the receipt notice but having the receipt no?

Please suggest.

Comment

Receipt notice is only a confirmation stating that USCIS accepted your application. Eventhough it is good to have it to be on the safer side, you will not getinto any trouble for not having it. If you are planning to get a temporary driving license based on the pending petition, then it could be a problem. Otherwise, just wait for the approval notice. Get the copy of the application submitted to USCIS and make sure the address is entered corrected. For H4, the receipt notice will be uusually sent to the home address. Also the courtesy copy of the approval notice will be sent to your home address mentioned in form I-539. So check the addresses to make sure they are correct.

Check the below link for the infopassappointment.
        https://www.immihelp.com/infopass-ap...nt-with-uscis/

Comment

Receipt notice is only a confirmation stating that USCIS accepted your application. Eventhough it is good to have it to be on the safer side, you will not getinto any trouble for not having it. If you are planning to get a temporary driving license based on the pending petition, then it could be a problem. Otherwise, just wait for the approval notice. Get the copy of the application submitted to USCIS and make sure the address is entered corrected. For H4, the receipt notice will be uusually sent to the home address. Also the courtesy copy of the approval notice will be sent to your home address mentioned in form I-539. So check the addresses to make sure they are correct.

Shervin - Thanks a lot for the information.

I got the scan copy of check en-cashed by USCIS and also the application submitted to USCIS from my employer... I think it will be helpful for me if someone ask for the filing proof.

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by deepakdogra View Post
            Shervin - Thanks a lot for the information.

I got the scan copy of check en-cashed by USCIS and also the application submitted to USCIS from my employer... I think it will be helpful for me if someone ask for the filing proof.

Comment

Yes.
              Hi Shervin,

Just for curiosity based on your experience, what is the probability of getting the I-94 extension for Dependents (L2)?

I have the valid I-94 till 2014 end.

Regards,

Comment

Hi,

My spouse haven't received her receipt notice yet. Its been more than 5 months now since the H4 extension is filed with USCIS. When we called USCIS office they said like they had already sent it long back. Looks like its been lost in between and it was not delivered to our home address. We need this receipt notice for extending the drivers license. We are not sure how to obtain the duplicate receipt notice. We got an info-pass appointment and checked with the local DHS office. But, they said like we need to reach out to Vermont service center as the extension petition is filed at that center. Any help will be really appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X