Help with a statement for k-1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a statement for k-1 visa

Hello, me and my american boyfriend have been together for few years now. I had to leave US because my student visa ended. Now we are trying to get me a k1 visa so that I can go back to US and marry him (This is the visa where I am required to marry him within 90 days of entering US). The I-129 form instructions say that one of the things we have to submit is the official statements from both parties. I would like to know what is a good statement. What I have so far is

To immigration officer,
    I [my name] from [address], is writing this statement to request a visa to enter US to be married to [my boyfriends name] of [address]...

Then I plan to go on and describe shortly how/where we met and how he visited my parents (as per my tradition) to ask for their daughters hand and how we planned to be married as soon as possible.

Is this a good statement? and is the beginning too formal. Please provide me some assistance and also give me tips and clues.

Thanks guys!

If you scroll down to the checklist in the link below there is an example of a letter of intent. You don’t really need to type more than what is in the example already. The part about how you met should instead be explained under question 18 in I-129F.
    Last edited by wavedom; 07-13-2012, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks

[QUOTE=wavedom;276965]If you scroll down to the checklist in the link below there is an example of a letter of intent. You don’t really need to type more than what is in the example already. The part about how you met should instead be explained under question 18 in I-129F.

Thank you so much wavedom. This helped me alot!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X