Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do i have after K1 visa/petition approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do i have after K1 visa/petition approval?

So, i heard K1 visa petition is only good for 4 months and the visa it self is 3 months. What if the visa does not get approved within 4 months of K1 petition gets approved? Does that mean i have to file I-129F all over again?

If you have all your papers in order there's no reason why you wouldn't get a visa within 4 months. Once the petition is approved the paperwork is sent to the embassy where the you apply for your visa. It's also possible to extend the validity of the petition for another 4 months.

Comment

which one expires first? let's say the petition got approved aug 15(aug-dec15) and receive the visa on oct 15(oct-jan15th). Does that mean we have to get married before dec15 since the petition expires 4months although the visa is good until jan 15th?

Comment

The K1 visa is valid for 6 months. If you obtain the visa on October 15 you have to enter the US before April 15. Then you have 90 days to marry, regardless of when you enter the country (as long as you enter before the visa expires obviously).

Comment

Ahhhhhhh 6 months not 3? That's great So, my fiancé can disregard the petition and let it expire(4months) as long as she receive the visa within that time period?
          Last edited by onewayticket2; 07-17-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Exactly. Once she has the visa it doesn't matter if the petition expires.

Comment

oh great thanks a bunch.

Comment

hello friends , K1 expiration

i just want to ask you what's happened with 16 days until the expiration date for the K1 visa ? ,, because i want to know if it's fine to me to travel between the states ,, i still have like 16 days of my K1 visa on my passport.
                thank you so much .
                Bader

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X