I am in a critical situation here,i have to travel to india for my marriage in 3 weeks, i recently found the lamination on the last page peeled off so applied for damaged passport replacement. VFS people at NYC said i cant apply in tatkal and promised will get back new passport in 5 days. Its five days already havent heard back from them.
If my new passport is going to be delayed, what are my options. Let me know what other ways i could travel, should i apply for Emergency certificate to travel back or apply for tatkal again(I guess they didnt allow tatkal previously since i had 4 weeks time when i applied) and speak to high commission directly explaining the scenario.
Any advice would be helpful.THanks in advance.