I am the spouse on a I485 filed in 2007 awaiting a visa number. I have travel plans today abroad and have spent $7000 non-refundable on the trip. Expedited last week my application for I131 Advanced Parole (for travel) and have a verbal approval but no case update online. I have someone who can fedex the doc as soon as it arrives to my destination and I am prepared to wait 3-4 weeks if needed. My lawyer has recommended that the date on the I131 needs to be before my travel outside of the country or that my petition for i485 will be terminated. What if I leave and return with the I131 - will this be an issue? I cannot change my flights and am sick that I may forfeit this trip cost.