This is regarding some clarifications on applying for Attestation of Affidavit for Issue of Passport to my Child Residing in India.
I am on Business Visa (B1 with I-94 valid for another 3 months ) and my company is planning to apply for a long term visa for me.
So in order to bring my Wife and child residing in India I want to apply for a new passport for my child in India.
After going through the I found good information on applying for Attestation of Affidavit for Issue of Passport to my Child Residing in India.
However I have few questions on this process. Can you please clarify the following regarding the same.
1. My understanding is I need to fill in, sign on it and send one copy of APPLICATION FOR MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES
Do I need to have notary signature on this ?
2. I need to fill in, sign on it and send two copies of AFFIDAVIT TO BE GIVEN BY THE PARENT (IN THE US) TO APPLY FOR A PASSPORT IN INDIA FOR A CHILD BORN IN INDIA ( FORM 14.pdf)
Do I need to send 2 Copies of this ?
Do I need to have notary signature on these two copies ?
3. I am assuming that I can send xerox copies of my passports (one with US VISA and new one with recent travel details like I-94).
Can you confirm if its OK if I send xerox copies of the passport or Is it necessary to send Original Passports ?
Is sending original passport by mail Safe ?
4. Do I send the above in any specific mail like Priority or Express in USPS only ?
Is this the address to which I send the mail ?
Consulate General of India
3 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065
5. I should take Money Orders for $10 for the service and $20 for USPS Express Email for returning my passports and attested affidavit. Is this correct ?
Can I send one single money order for $30 ?
I request you to please suggest on above questions.