I have L1-B visa which has expired on July 27th 2012. My company applied for extension in June 2012 and received an acknowledgement from USCIS in June and is still pending. My husband is on H1-B and i filed for my EAD and AP on his H1. I received my EAD and AP in May 2012. I am planning to go to India in Sept.
My question is
- If i travel to India and my L1 extension is not yet approved when i come back , can i enter US on my AP/EAD and still continue to work on L1 visa?
- If i travel to India and my extension is approved while i am in India, should i go for my Stamping before returning to US? If for any reason my L1 stamping is rejected, can i still return on AP/EAD?
- If i return to US on EAD (Irrespective of whether L1 extension is approved or still pending) will it invalidate my L1 visa?
- If i return to US on L1 visa , will that invalidate my EAD.
Can someone please advise me on what are my options.
Thanks in advance.