Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I apply to change surname on my indian passport after having I-797B approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got new passport with bifurcated name

Hi Nilesh,
    I'm having same issue. My petition got approved with old passport with LNU
    .i got my passport name bifurcated and now I have new passport with last name and given name. I am planning to go for ds160. After visa stamping, how was the experience at the port of entry?

Originally posted by Anurag Nilesh View Post
    I went through the following process:
    1. Change my surname and given name in passport by taking a tatkal appointment. I tried my luck of trying to book an online appointment through the passport seva kendra website but failed 2-3 days in succession. They open slots for only next two days and the slots get filled up within 5 minutes. So, I went to the regional passport office and got an appointment for the same day.

I did a bifurcation of my existing name, so I didn't need any court affidavit which is needed while changing name in passport. I made Nilesh as my surname and Anurag Kumar as first name. Since, I had applied for tatkal process, I had to submit 2 address proofs. I submitted a letter from my company's HR and a statement from bank. I got my passport back in 4-5 days with changed name.

2. Since, I had already paid up the visa fees using old passport, i had to go to the VFS local center in Bangalore and requested them to change the passport number associated with the fees receipt number. That was done instantly in 5 minutes.
    3. After that, I booked a visa appointment using my new passport details. I got an appointment for next week.
    4. I went through the visa interview process, I wasn't asked anything regarding the change of passport as the visa officials are aware of this existing issue.

Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X