Hello dear community- Please advise me on the case below.
- I am a GC marrying a F1 this month. There is a 3 year waitlist for GC spouses and I have 3 more years to go for citizenship
- My F1 fiancee graduates (MS in Lifesciences) in Dec and will have to maintain her own status OPT/H1/New F1, etc (due to long wait list for GC spouses)
- She plans to either find a job or pursue further education here in US till I get my citizenship
- Is it advisable to not to register our wedding in the US? Primarily not to negatively impact her future F1 chances
- How might it impact us with INS etc by not registering? Some precautions we should take...
- We will ofcourse register once she gets a H1 or a New F1, so we are able to prove our legal marriage when I become a citizenship and she goes for GC
Please advise, comment.