Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa rejected to my Mother-In-Law. Please help

Hi,

I am on L1 and my husband is on L2 EAD. 2 months back we sent the required paper work to my parents and my mother-in-law (father-in-law is no more) for Visitor visa, sponsered by me.
    First my parents went to visa and as they both attended and my father was still in Govt service that time, they got the visa for 10 years, at HYDERABAD.
    After two days, my mother-in-law went for her visa, which was rejected. I will explain what has happend. Please let me know how I need to proceed further to get her visa stampped.

Interviewer was talking in TELUGU.
    Q1. Where is your son. (answered)
    Q2. You have only one child. right?
    She said yes, as my husband is the only child to my in-law's
    Q3. When was your husband expired?
    She told the year (2008)
    Q4. Why do you want to go to US?
    She said as my son and his family is there, I want to go and visit some places there with them.
    Q5. For how long you want to go?
    She said six months
    Q6. Why 6months, 3 months are enough. (while asking this, he was waving his hand asking my mother-in-law to leave)
    She said 3 months also fine with me.

Then he said you can go. She asked him again to stamp for 3 months atleast. But he asked her to go back.

These are the questions he asked. But I am wondering he din't even touch her passport and din't ask for any single document from her.

1. I was thinking that if it is a rejection, they would have stampped "reject" on passport. But the cosulate office din't even look at her passport. generally is that what happens for the rejection?
    2. Now how soon I can reapply her visa?
    3. Will they have the track of the old DS-160 and all other details, if we are applying for second time?
    4. She was actually working in some private schools almost 8-9 years back. I din't mention that in the DS-160, as now she is at home. Now for the second time can I include that?
    5. Also all the properties on her name back in India, but he din't look at any single paper she was carrying. How to make sure that he sees those papers?
    6. What are all the other criteria I should take care now for the second time?
    7. what else I can do to get a visa for my mother-in-law?

Please explain me in detail, as she is desperate to meet all of us, especially my 5 year old son.

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by anasuya View Post
    Hi,

I am on L1 and my husband is on L2 EAD. 2 months back we sent the required paper work to my parents and my mother-in-law (father-in-law is no more) for Visitor visa, sponsered by me.
    First my parents went to visa and as they both attended and my father was still in Govt service that time, they got the visa for 10 years, at HYDERABAD.
    After two days, my mother-in-law went for her visa, which was rejected. I will explain what has happend. Please let me know how I need to proceed further to get her visa stampped.

Interviewer was talking in TELUGU.
    Q1. Where is your son. (answered)
    Q2. You have only one child. right?
    She said yes, as my husband is the only child to my in-law's
    Q3. When was your husband expired?
    She told the year (2008)
    Q4. Why do you want to go to US?
    She said as my son and his family is there, I want to go and visit some places there with them.
    Q5. For how long you want to go?
    She said six months
    Q6. Why 6months, 3 months are enough. (while asking this, he was waving his hand asking my mother-in-law to leave)
    She said 3 months also fine with me.

Then he said you can go. She asked him again to stamp for 3 months atleast. But he asked her to go back.

These are the questions he asked. But I am wondering he din't even touch her passport and din't ask for any single document from her.

1. I was thinking that if it is a rejection, they would have stampped "reject" on passport. But the cosulate office din't even look at her passport. generally is that what happens for the rejection?
    2. Now how soon I can reapply her visa?
    3. Will they have the track of the old DS-160 and all other details, if we are applying for second time?
    4. She was actually working in some private schools almost 8-9 years back. I din't mention that in the DS-160, as now she is at home. Now for the second time can I include that?
    5. Also all the properties on her name back in India, but he din't look at any single paper she was carrying. How to make sure that he sees those papers?
    6. What are all the other criteria I should take care now for the second time?
    7. what else I can do to get a visa for my mother-in-law?

Please explain me in detail, as she is desperate to meet all of us, especially my 5 year old son.

Thanks!!!
    Its very unfortunate but widows with all children or only child in US find it very difficult to obtain visitor's visa as there is very little or no family tie back in home country and VO see them as potential immigrant as there is no potential reason to return back to home country. They hardly see any property papers and bank balances as its a well known fact that these can be fabricated and there is no straightforward way to verify the authenticity of the documents.
    1. No there is no "Reject" stamp as such in the passport.
    2. You can re apply immediately but reapplying too soon shows signs of desperation and hence possibility of another rejection they may assuem she is going because you might be expecting a baby hence the urgency......
    3. Yes, they have track of all previous DS-160s.
    4. Since she was working 8-9 Years back it hardly matters now.There is no harm but no benefit too mentioning the same.
    5. As I said they hardly see any papers.
    6. Again, some of the criteria they are looking for cannot be generated, such as family ties back in India. A business or a job to take care of.

If she has a decent income from her property/pension/investments etc it would help of she self sponsors her trip. Also, a gap of 6 months before re applying can also help. Apart from these there is very little I can suggest. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Its very unfortunate but widows with all children or only child in US find it very difficult to obtain visitor's visa as there is very little or no family tie back in home country and VO see them as potential immigrant as there is no potential reason to return back to home country. They hardly see any property papers and bank balances as its a well known fact that these can be fabricated and there is no straightforward way to verify the authenticity of the documents.
      1. No there is no "Reject" stamp as such in the passport.
      2. You can re apply immediately but reapplying too soon shows signs of desperation and hence possibility of another rejection they may assuem she is going because you might be expecting a baby hence the urgency......
      3. Yes, they have track of all previous DS-160s.
      4. Since she was working 8-9 Years back it hardly matters now.There is no harm but no benefit too mentioning the same.
      5. As I said they hardly see any papers.
      6. Again, some of the criteria they are looking for cannot be generated, such as family ties back in India. A business or a job to take care of.

If she has a decent income from her property/pension/investments etc it would help of she self sponsors her trip. Also, a gap of 6 months before re applying can also help. Apart from these there is very little I can suggest. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks for the inputs Raghvi! Yes, it is very unfortunate that she is not having any family tie ups there back in India. As you said, we can not show one now for the second time.
      But she has to go back to India as she needs to take care of our properties. She owns a house there on which she is getting rent monthly. Also she is a pensioner.
      Other than that she has a plot and some good amount of bank balance aswell.
      Now can we apply for a self sponsered visa with these things?
      Any other things which I need to consider?

Another question is should we wait for 6 months? I am planning it apply in next month, that would be with a 3months of gap. Because if it is getting rejected again, we may move back to India. So to decide all these things, we are planning to apply in next month. Would that be good, or you suggest me to wait for some more months? Please advise.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X