I recently had my kids OCI reissued as we got new US passport as the old one expired. I submitted the following documents initially as requested in the Travisa order form. But Travisa requested additional documents twice that took two additional weeks in processing time. Once the OCI documents reached the consulate it was processed within a week. See below for timeline. The entire process took a month to complete. Hope this will help to know what additional documents may be needed so you can send them with the initial application to get the process moving without additional document request delays.
Documents submitted for OCI Re-issue.
1. Travisa Order form for OCI Reissue(New Passport)
2. $40 cashiers check payable to “Travisa Outsourcing”.
3. Consulate application for OCI Miscellaneous Services
4. One additional passport photograph.
5. Self attested copy of New US passport
6. Original expired US passport with valid U-Visa.
7. Self attested copy of expired US passport.
8. Original OCI certificate of Registration card.
9. Self attested copy of OCI card
10. Self attested copy of Renunciation of Citizenship for Father
11. Self attested copy of Renunciation of Citizenship for Mother
12. Utility bill for proof of residence.
13. Prepaid return shipping label.
Documents requested after initial submission.
14. Submitted copies of both parents Indian passports.(See timeline below)
15. Submitted copies of both parents US passports and OCI cards.(See timeline below)
07/28/2012 Service order form completed online
07/31/2012 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
07/31/2012 Application assigned for processing
07/31/2012 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
07/31/2012 Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold. Submitted copies of parents Indian passports as requested.
08/01/2012 Travisa Outsourcing has matched up your documents, and we are preparing your application to go to the Consulate shortly.
08/02/2012 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
08/03/2012 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/03/2012 Documents received by Consulate
08/03/2012 Application is pending.
08/08/2012 Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold. Submitted copies of parents US passports and OCI cards as requested.
08/09/2012 Travisa Outsourcing has matched up your documents, and we are preparing your application to go to the Consulate shortly.
08/09/2012 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
08/13/2012 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/13/2012 Documents received by Consulate
08/16/2012 Pending approval of the Government of India
08/20/2012 OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
08/21/2012 Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
08/21/2012 Passport prepared to go to Consulate
08/22/2012 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/22/2012 Documents received by Consulate
08/23/2012 Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
08/24/2012 OCI received by mail
Consulate of India, New york timeline
08/14/2012 Acknowledged at the OCI status website and scanned
08/16/2012 Granted and Printed
08/17/2012 Dispatched from Delhi
08/20/2012 Reached CGNY