Recent experience of Kids OCI re-issue due to new passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Particular Form

I had e-mailed CKGS asking if they need the Additional Particulars Form notarized and since they didn't respond within 24 hours and I am in a bit hurry to get this done, I called and I was told by a gentleman that it did not need to be notarized (I had mentioned that the app is for a minor), so I mailed it without notary and today after 5 business days I finally receive an answer that since the app is for Minor, the Additional Particular Form does need to be notarized. This is second time that I feel like the people answering phone are not giving correct information or may be we are all crazy to get in this process. I'm so ready to just apply for my son's visa. I'm completely exausted from their never ending requirements -to simply transfer a stam from old passport to new passport.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadhadia View Post
      I had e-mailed CKGS asking if they need the Additional Particulars Form notarized and since they didn't respond within 24 hours and I am in a bit hurry to get this done, I called and I was told by a gentleman that it did not need to be notarized (I had mentioned that the app is for a minor), so I mailed it without notary and today after 5 business days I finally receive an answer that since the app is for Minor, the Additional Particular Form does need to be notarized. This is second time that I feel like the people answering phone are not giving correct information or may be we are all crazy to get in this process. I'm so ready to just apply for my son's visa. I'm completely exausted from their never ending requirements -to simply transfer a stam from old passport to new passport.
      Hi Vadhadia:

Really shocked to hear what you are saying.....

I am having a hard time to find someone to notarize these forms again and again and again - each notary has been asking where does it say ---"Signed before me....."

I)
      Now in Additional Particulars form ---- there is a part which says

I am applying for a PIO card (select whichever is NOT APPLICABLE)

So here what do we select - we are applying for OCI not PIO ???

II) I won't be surprised if have to notarize the 'Parental Authorization Form' - ???

Did you get any notification from them that your application has been accepted. Unlike BLS there is no computer generated TRACKING # ?

take care
      Last edited by priyaseeksoci; 06-02-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Notary

Hi Priya,

Yes, exactly my point, it does not say notary on any forms accept the OCI Miscellaneous form, but they say, if it's form Minor then that form needs to be notarized.

1) I asked the same quesiton to the stupid people and they said you can simply write N/a (not applicable) next to that place and so that's what I did.

2) You are correct, I won't be surprised either. And if you are at it, having the Additional Particular form notarize, I would reccomend you can get the other silly form notarized as well, so if you find that out later, you won't have to regret it - like I'm feeling right now. Better safe than sorry.

According to FedEx, my application was delivered at their office at 10 am in the morning. ha... ha... ha... and do their web's Courier look up show my application - No. Big surprise there. As I mentioned earlier, I was told in a phone conversation that I should receive an e-mail from them within 3 business days with a tracking number, but I'm not waiting for three days. I'll try to reach them via phone today and see what they have to say.

Take care.

Comment

Good News for OCI Re-Issue Applicants

I reached out to Bureau of Immigration officer at Mumbai airport to get this information for Minor OCI Holders. I even called air line through which I'm travelling and they agreed to this as well. Now, I can sleep at night.

He can visit India only he should carry his old passport with U visa sticker , OCI card and his new passport.

OCI/PIO Cell,
          FRRO, Mumbai

Comment

OCI Reissue- travel with old passport for minor

Dear Vadhadia - thank you for sharing the information.

Comment

thank you

I reached out to Bureau of Immigration officer at Mumbai airport to get this information for Minor OCI Holders. I even called air line through which I'm travelling and they agreed to this as well. Now, I can sleep at night.

He can visit India only he should carry his old passport with U visa sticker , OCI card and his new passport.

OCI/PIO Cell,
              FRRO, Mumbai
              Hi Vadhadia,
              Thank you for the informtion provided on the forum.
              Also to people who're unsure on this, I've travelled India (Mumbai Airport) with my son (6yrs old) last June 2013 and just recently in Jan 2014, both times with his old passport with U sticker, new passport and OCI book, with no problems at all. Also this was same for myself too. (I had new passport issued two years ago). Hence people do not worry at all about this.
              Hope this helps.
              Jay

Comment

OCI/PIO Cell,
                FRRO, Mumbai
                Thanks. That's a relief. Pl. keep us posted on your experience at the port of entry in India. I will be using Delhi/Kolkata in Oct. How did you contact them? Though I have some three month time, given the mess at CKGS, I am worried to send in the application with original expired passport and the OCI booklet.

Comment

OCI Re- issue for Minors

Originally posted by ndk100 View Post
                  I had applied for OCI re-issue for my two kids at the end of Feb. I received one of them back a couple of days ago (almost exactly 2 months). The other one has been back to BLS NY from the Consulate after match up in the first week of April and they just have to just dispatch it but haven't done so yet (after more than 3 weeks!). I have been raising escalation ticket every week but haven't got a response back from them.

Here is what I had posted in another thread about the documents I had sent:

For the most part, I followed their check-list. I just noticed that they have updated the requirements from when I applied in Feb.

Here are few general points to keep in mind:
                  - Original OCI booklet and original expired passport are required
                  - They need two sets of copies of everything.
                  - When in doubt whether a document (copy) is needed or not, just include it.
                  - For minors, both parents should sign and get it notarized on application (as explained in the check-list)
                  - Don't forget to include the proof of residence (copy of drivers license for both parents)
                  - All copies can be self-attested
                  - Include the copies of 'Naturalization Certificate' and 'Renunciation Certificate' of both parents

If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them.
                  I have couple of questions:

- While they say two sets of all document, does the second copy should include the Actual Misc Service form again with a new photo, original signatures and notarization and Additional particular forms OR Just xerox copies of them or it's just duplicate copies of just the supporting documents?
                  - I will be applying for two kids. Can they be send in same envelop and one return envelop or both applications have to be sent seperately in seperate envelops?

I will sure appreciate your response.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by india2013 View Post
                    I have the same question. Can someone please let me know if i can travel with U sticker on expired US passport with OCI booklet. I just received new US passport but i'm traveling to india within month so i can't start this process. OCI website states that age 50+ should get reissue OCI on new passport. Please somebody provide any information or experience on this matter. Thank You...
                    I was over 50 when I traveled last two times to India: January 2013 and February 2014. I carried my new passport and also carried my old passport with the 'U' visa sticker and the OCI card. At entry, they accepted these without asking any questions.
                    Last edited by dm6207; 08-24-2014, 12:21 PM. Reason: some corrections

Comment

OCI and Renunciaton together ?

Do I need to send one return envelop or two ?
                      Please reply I would appreciate it

Also if I can use UPS instead of Fedex ?

Thanks

Sunny

Comment

Originally posted by sunny007007 View Post
                        Do I need to send one return envelop or two ?
                        Please reply I would appreciate it

Also if I can use UPS instead of Fedex ?

Thanks

Sunny
                        I sent 1 return envelope and got my OCI & Renunication back together in the same envelope. I have heard you can send 2 return envelopes for each OCI & Renunciation that way once your renunciation is done you will get that right away instead of waiting till OCI completes as well. I think that is an overkill and waste of money but that is my opinion.

Back with BLS I know we could have used FedEx or UPS but not sure about CKGS. Check their website if they mention it needs to be only FedEx (not sure why they would care anyway)

Comment

Documents for OCI and Renunciation Attested ?

Originally posted by bibble View Post
                          I sent 1 return envelope and got my OCI & Renunication back together in the same envelope. I have heard you can send 2 return envelopes for each OCI & Renunciation that way once your renunciation is done you will get that right away instead of waiting till OCI completes as well. I think that is an overkill and waste of money but that is my opinion.

Back with BLS I know we could have used FedEx or UPS but not sure about CKGS. Check their website if they mention it needs to be only FedEx (not sure why they would care anyway)

Thanks for the reply.

Do I need to self attest the documents ( copies) required for OCI and Renunciation ? Meaning just signature on all documents ? or plus forms too ?

Plus I know I need to send 2 copies of all the documents but do I need to send 2 copies of all the forms too ?
                          Please reply Thanks in advance

Sunny

Comment

If paying 15$ for FEDEX, is envelope still required?

If in the Order Form you add the 15$ for Fedex, do you still need to include the prepaid envelope??

Comment

OCI Reissue - Passport # to enter in online application????

When filling out the online application for OCI reissue for minor, there is a place where it asks "Latest Passport Number to which OCI U-Visa transfered". Is this supposed to be the old passport number that currently has the OCI sticker OR is this the new passport number to which the OCI sticker needs to be transfered? I entered the old passport number and now its already generated a case number and such for me. What did others fill into this field? If it should be the new passport number, should I redo the application???

Comment

Found the answer

Originally posted by jac2005 View Post
                                When filling out the online application for OCI reissue for minor, there is a place where it asks "Latest Passport Number to which OCI U-Visa transfered". Is this supposed to be the old passport number that currently has the OCI sticker OR is this the new passport number to which the OCI sticker needs to be transfered? I entered the old passport number and now its already generated a case number and such for me. What did others fill into this field? If it should be the new passport number, should I redo the application???
                                I found the answer posted on the CGI Edinburgh Website (http://www.cgiedinburgh.org/pages.php?id=21#8)

It states - New Passport Number is to be entered for transfer of OCI Card to new Passport or in case of loss/damage, Applicants should fill up new Passport number and not the old Passport number to avoid problems. OCI card will be printed & pasted on the Passport whose details are filled in the application form.

So refilled the application online and got a fresh pdf.

Jake.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X