Recent experience of Kids OCI re-issue due to new passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProNRI View Post
    What is the guarantee that the immigration officer in India will not go by what you are stating? My kids' pictures look different than their current US passport (renewed) as compared to their OCI visa on the old passport and on the actual OCI card, but same names, so do they ignore the pictures at the Indian airports?

Jaydeep
    If in doubt, better to go for new OCI (updated OCI). If PIO/OCI was taken when kid was 2 years old and if you are travelling now (say kid is 10 years), its better to take new OCI.

Comment

Good thinking!

Originally posted by sunrag1 View Post
      If in doubt, better to go for new OCI (updated OCI). If PIO/OCI was taken when kid was 2 years old and if you are travelling now (say kid is 10 years), its better to take new OCI.
      Thanks! But I hope I can get away with my new passport (renewed after 50 years of age) and original OCI and U visa on old passport (OCI issued in 2007) when I travel to India this December.

This whole nonsense of OCI renewal requirement that came from nowhere (after luring us with lifetime validity of visa to India) is a money-making scheme, it seems.

Comment

That's great news!

Originally posted by Vadhadia View Post
        I reached out to Bureau of Immigration officer at Mumbai airport to get this information for Minor OCI Holders. I even called air line through which I'm travelling and they agreed to this as well. Now, I can sleep at night.

He can visit India only he should carry his old passport with U visa sticker , OCI card and his new passport.

OCI/PIO Cell,
        FRRO, Mumbai
        Would you share the phone number/e-mail that you used to contact the OCI/PIO Cell FRRO Mumbai? Also, was this also true for any person whose passport is renewed before the age of 21 or after the age of 50?

Jaydeep
        Last edited by ProNRI; 07-19-2016, 10:33 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Travelling to India with kids' old passports with OCI stamps, OCI cards,new passports

This is to confirm if my childrens' old Australian passports (with the OCI stickers), their "Certificates of Registration (issued in 2012)" and their new Australian passports would be sufficient for them to travel to India along with us.

Would very much appreciate if anyone could share their recent experience travelling to India in the above scenario.

Comment

Travelling to India with kids' old passports with OCI stamps, OCI cards,new passports

This is to confirm if my childrens' old Australian passports (with the OCI stickers), their "Certificates of Registration/OCI cards" and their new Australian passports would be sufficient for them to travel to India along with us.

Would very much appreciate any inputs or recent experience of anyone traveling to India in the above scenario.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X