Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Step after H1B approval

Hi All,

My H1B petition (I129 petition) was filed on May 8th 2012 and it got recently approved on Sep 17th 2012. Below is the status on USCIS portal for my petition-

On September 17, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Can anyone please help about the next step?
    Since my vendor is in US and I am currently in India so can I expect to get hard copy of documents mentioned above to my India address? OR the documents and notification is sent directly to my vendor (sponsorer) ?
    How much time does a candidate get to appear for Visa Interview once the petition is approved?
    Do I need to pay some fee for Visa Interview?

Kindly help me !!

Sincere thanks to all the experts on this forum and luck for everyone else who is awaiting a response on their petition.

Regards,
    Rapunzel

Step 1. Your attorney/petitioner gets I797 approval hard copy from USCIS - 2 weeks (mine took 10 working days)[/I]
    Step 2. Your attorney/petitioner sends I797 approval hard copy(original) + copy of I129 + copy of LCA + other relevant supporting documents to your address in India - 1 week (mine took 7 working days)
    Step 3. You fill up DS-160 form and schedule an interview- 2 weeks

The whole process will take close to 1 month if your attorney/petitioner is quick to send the documents to India and you have the fee receipts ready so that you can take an interview asap.
    Visit USCIS website to check fee for H1B which has to be paid by employer. Make sure you take the correct fee receipt. If your employer has filed H1B's before, they will do this and give you the receipt which you need to use for booking an interview.
    As far as I am aware there is no cut off date to appear for an interview

Visit USCIS website and the entire process is described in detail. Also Immihelp has a section on Visa fee. Its good to know these details in advance and I urge you to make an effort to find information yourself.

-Speed
    Last edited by speedracer; 09-18-2012, 06:07 AM.
    ------------------------
    I reply with my experience and not from any legal perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by rapunzel View Post
      hi all,

my h1b petition (i129 petition) was filed on may 8th 2012 and it got recently approved on sep 17th 2012. Below is the status on uscis portal for my petition-

on september 17, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this i129 petition for a nonimmigrant worker. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include uscis sending notification of the approved application/petition to the national visa center or the department of state. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

can anyone please help about the next step?
      Since my vendor is in us and i am currently in india so can i expect to get hard copy of documents mentioned above to my india address? Or the documents and notification is sent directly to my vendor (sponsorer) ?
      How much time does a candidate get to appear for visa interview once the petition is approved?
      Do i need to pay some fee for visa interview?

Kindly help me !!

Sincere thanks to all the experts on this forum and luck for everyone else who is awaiting a response on their petition.

Regards,
      rapunzel

yes, you need to pay a visa fee to the consulate. It takes abt 2-3 weeks for you to obtain documents from employer.

Comment

Could you please advise, if I am on the B1 visa, i94 has expired, H1B petition has just been approved and I am in the USA.
        What would be the next step and if I need to travel home to Europe, what would be the best plan of actions in terms of timing the procedure of getting a "stamp".

Comment

Originally posted by rapunzel View Post
          Hi All,

My H1B petition (I129 petition) was filed on May 8th 2012 and it got recently approved on Sep 17th 2012. Below is the status on USCIS portal for my petition-

On September 17, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Can anyone please help about the next step?
          Since my vendor is in US and I am currently in India so can I expect to get hard copy of documents mentioned above to my India address? OR the documents and notification is sent directly to my vendor (sponsorer) ? -- Your employer or their lawyer will receive it and then they will send it to you. The 'you' in this status message is the employer not you.
          How much time does a candidate get to appear for Visa Interview once the petition is approved? -- You can apply at anytime before it expires.
          Do I need to pay some fee for Visa Interview? -- Yes, there is a Visa application fee.

Kindly help me !!

Regards,
          Rapunzel
          See above.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X