f1 to f4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f1 to f4

Hi, i have a lot of questions. My mom's sister is a US citizen and she put paperwork in for my mom, dad, sister and Me. Priority date is 08MAR2001. a week ago She got an email saying that we have the final interview in a week in my country. Right now i am on a f1 student visa in the US. I was planning to go back to my country for the interview but i have to be back in the us two days after the interview (its a thursday, i have to be back saturday.) someone told me that they'd keep my passport after the interview and that i wouldnt be able to fly back. I really need to be back because i har 3 exams that my teachers didt want tochange and id fail the class if i miss them.

My question is, is it true I would get my passport taken away? Should i change the interview date? If i change it, do you think ill get one that's really far from the original date?

Also, am i allowed to enter back to the US after the interview as an F1 or am i supposed to take "a break" from shool?

Any help would be appreciated, im desperate.

Thanks!!

hi.

if your visa granted then after your pasport will be taken..but you have to return your student visa...i hav one que to you..

Comment

Thanks.

Yes?

Comment

whenhave you applied for student visa.?..have you told VO about your f4 visa file?..what have you told them about the que regarding to this when you gone for student visa?

Comment

I got my student visa in 2011. I already had one back in 2008. The first thing they asked me was "you're in the process for an f4 visa, correct?" To which I answered "yes." They didn't Ask me anything else after that. They pretty much just checked my bank statements and i20 and stuff and gave me the visa.

Comment

f1 to f4

can i have your mail id or any other source of chat.?
            My uncle has put the petition in 2000 under the f4 category . but still we dont get any document regarding this .and i want to apply under the student visa.so at the time of interview , should i tell them about this file?.
            when my uncle put the file , i was 12 years old. and at that time i didnt have passport, so only my name is there. not any other proof.. so still i should tell the truth?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X