Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surnames vs given names in DS 160

Hello All,

My passport has given name only, it does not have any surname. But the instrcutions to fill DS 160 form says the following :

"Enter all surnames (or family names) exactly as they are written in your passport. If only one name is written in your passport, enter that as your “Surname.”

AN

"If your passport does not include a first or given name, please enter 'FNU' (meaning “first name unknown”) in the space for “Given Names.”

where as its the opposite in my passport. It only has a given name, but no surname. I hope it makes sense.

What should I do while filling up the DS 160 form. Kindly help !

Regards !

Koyal Singh

Originally posted by virgo4september View Post
    Hello All,

My passport has given name only, it does not have any surname. But the instrcutions to fill DS 160 form says the following :

"Enter all surnames (or family names) exactly as they are written in your passport. If only one name is written in your passport, enter that as your “Surname.”

AN

"If your passport does not include a first or given name, please enter 'FNU' (meaning “first name unknown”) in the space for “Given Names.”

where as its the opposite in my passport. It only has a given name, but no surname. I hope it makes sense.

What should I do while filling up the DS 160 form. Kindly help !

Regards !

Koyal Singh
    you put your given name in the surname box and FNU in the first name box.

Comment

you put your given name in the surname box and FNU in the first name box.

I appreciate your kind response. That means I needs to do the same thing in all my documents, because I think in my application for documents evaluation from World Education Services ( WES ), I entered the last name unknown and wrote down the first name only. Finally the last name is more important, is that correct ?

Kind Regards !

Koyal Singh

Comment

It is better to get your passport changed to avoid all future hassle.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X