H4 to F1 stamping in Jamaica)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 stamping in Jamaica)

I am on H4 pursuing my MBA program at a recognized state school in the US. Is it OK to get a change of status from H4 to F1 stamped from Jamaica US consulate. I am considering Jamaica because of the quick turnaround and the availability of appointment dates. I am an Indian citizen. Would the stamping be tough because it is a third country (not my home country). Does anybody have s similar experience.

I know I can also apply for a change of status without leaving the country. But I want to get the F1 stamped quickly because I am being offered an RA by a professor. Also my wife's H1 is due to expire on November 2012 (dependent on a pending I140). I am planning to take an October 19th appointment. The i-20 is being published by the international office as I write this note.

About me:
    -First entered US on F1 (State School)- Aug 2001
    -Converted to H1 - Nov 2003. Worked till Feb 2012. I have had 2 PERM application in that time frame. 1 approved. 1 reject. Have not progressed beyond PERM stage.
    -Started a part time MBA program (State School) on Jan 2012.
    -Converted to H4 because of job loss - Feb 2012. Have been continuing with my MBA (on H4) since then.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X