X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amir_mz1 View Post
    Vermont Center!

See what happens.

Please let me know if you heard any unofficial news about ELIS processing times.
    When I spoke with some attorneys, they said that processing times are same with either paper filing (or) ELIS. Its just that the documents takes 1 or 2 days extra time to reach their office through paper filing where as its immediate process with ELIS.

Comment

@ sainadh

Hai Sainadh,
      I am also looking for information for change of status from F2 to F1. If we can talk to each other that would be great.

I will not trouble you much, i am really in confusion. Please do contact me on this email adress [email protected]

All the best for your application

Comment

Originally posted by rehekumar View Post
        Hai Sainadh,
        I am also looking for information for change of status from F2 to F1. If we can talk to each other that would be great.

I will not trouble you much, i am really in confusion. Please do contact me on this email adress [email protected]

All the best for your application
        Happy to help you!! I think it would be better if you can post your queries here in the group so that it would be helpful to all us & for future applicants as well.

Comment

@ sainadh

It was nice to hear from you sainadh, here are my questions.

I am thinking to go for change of status from F2 to F1.

1. To my knowledge i need admission (I-20) from the university before i apply for change of status from F2 to F1

2. What are the other steps that involve in the process of change of status from F2 to F1

I am not completely sure about the documentation and correct process to apply for change of status.

I am assuming this would be helpful for others too , who don't have clear knowledge about change of status process.

Your inputs are highly appreciated. Sainadh
          Last edited by rehekumar; 11-07-2012, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rehekumar View Post
            It was nice to hear from you sainadh, here are my questions.

I am thinking to go for change of status from F2 to F1.

1. To my knowledge i need admission (I-20) from the university before i apply for change of status from F2 to F1

2. What are the other steps that involve in the process of change of status from F2 to F1

I am not completely sure about the documentation and correct process to apply for change of status.

I am assuming this would be helpful for others too , who don't have clear knowledge about change of status process.

Your inputs are highly appreciated. Sainadh
            I would say its very easy to apply through ELIS. I suggest you to create your USCIS ELIS account & go through all sections after login, then you will get an idea on all the required documents needed to submit the application.

And yes, you need new I-20. Once you receive your new I-20, pay your SEVIS fee. You need copy of SEVIS fee receipt while filing the application.

Good luck!!

Comment

Hi,

I applied to VSC on august 24th and haven't heard anything from them. Did you guys get to know anything about the processing times?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by madu View Post
                Hi,

I applied to VSC on august 24th and haven't heard anything from them. Did you guys get to know anything about the processing times?

Thanks
                I applied on Oct. In your case, its been 2.5 months, I think its better to call & talk to them. It says the average processing times for VSC is 4.2 months.

Hope they will approve your application soon!!
                Last edited by sainadh; 11-08-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

yes, i will call them next week and find out. Thank you so much!

Originally posted by sainadh View Post
                  I applied on Oct. In your case, its been 2.5 months, I think its better to call & talk to them. It says the average processing times for VSC is 4.2 months.

Hope they will approve your application soon!!

Comment

yes, i will call them next week and find out. Thank you so much!
                    Sure, please post us once you hear anything from them.

Comment

Hi,

I called USCIS customer service center and spoke to a representative. He said, they are still processing may 28th application and it may take 2.5 to 3 months to process my application. I have applied on august to VSC.

Comment

Hi,

I called USCIS customer service center and spoke to a representative. He said, they are still processing may 28th application and it may take 2.5 to 3 months to process my application. I have applied on august to VSC.
                        Thank you for the update madu!! But I have seen the applicants who applied in June/July to VSC & got their visa. So, we have to wait & see.

Comment

Oh!! Thanks for the update. Hope even I will get the decision soon. All the best for yours too!

Comment

Oh!! Thanks for the update. Hope even I will get the decision soon. All the best for yours too!
                            Thank you!! But I'm worried about the Thanks giving & Christmas holidays. Not sure whether those holidays will impact the processing times. Lets see.

Comment

Hi,

My COS has been approved!! I applied on Aug 24th. All the best for yours!!

Comment

Hi,

My COS has been approved!! I applied on Aug 24th. All the best for yours!!
                                Wow, that's great news madu!! Good luck to your studies!

By the way, do you know whether showing some of the funds in INR(Indian currency) & some in USD(US dollars) will cause any issue?

Thank you!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X