Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-539 COS from F2 to F1 Applicants

Dear all,

I would like to start this discussion on I539 COS processing time from F2 to F1, those who applied recently (or) who is yet to apply. Please share your experience, it would be helpful to all. I applied on 12th Oct through USCIS ELIS & it went to Vermont Service center to process.

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you!!

Required Documents

Hi sainadh,

I am currently in the process of applying for a change of status from B2 to F1, and will be using USCIS ELIS.

I would like to ask you what documents did you upload beside I-20, I-94, Passport and Bank statement?
    Also, will I need to write a statement to clarify the reason behind my CoS request? or any evidence that ties me to my home country and indicates that my stay as a student will be temporary?

Best of luck for your application, I hope it won't take long to be approved

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda View Post
      Hi sainadh,

I am currently in the process of applying for a change of status from B2 to F1, and will be using USCIS ELIS.

I would like to ask you what documents did you upload beside I-20, I-94, Passport and Bank statement?
      Also, will I need to write a statement to clarify the reason behind my CoS request? or any evidence that ties me to my home country and indicates that my stay as a student will be temporary?

Best of luck for your application, I hope it won't take long to be approved
      1) You can upload drivers license as well apart from passport if you have one under Identity section.
      2) Receipt of SEVIS fee
      3) Visa with arrival, departure stamps
      4) Upload I-134 - affidavit of support apart from bank statement.
      5) I prepared a cover letter & uploaded under any other financial evidence under Financial section in my case from F2 to F1. I'm not sure in case of B2 to F1. But you can prepare & upload as well.

Hope this helps!!

Comment

Affidavit of Support

Originally posted by sainadh View Post
        4) Upload I-134 - affidavit of support apart from bank statement.
        Does the person filling the Affidavit of Support for me have to be a U.S. citizen?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Does the person filling the Affidavit of Support for me have to be a U.S. citizen?

Thanks for your help
          In my case, my spouse, NOT an U.S. citizen filled the form. I think you can do the same. Better you check with attorneys or friends for confirmation.

Comment

In my case, my spouse, NOT an U.S. citizen filled the form. I think you can do the same. Better you check with attorneys or friends for confirmation.
            Great, thanks.
            I was wondering if I should also upload any documents that prove the sponsor's claims in the affidavit, did you?

Comment

Great, thanks.
              I was wondering if I should also upload any documents that prove the sponsor's claims in the affidavit, did you?
              What are those docs? sorry I did't understand. You mean your sponsor 'property' related docs?

Comment

What are those docs? sorry I did't understand. You mean your sponsor 'property' related docs?
                Yes, bank statements, letter from employer, etc...

Comment

Yes, bank statements, letter from employer, etc...
                  yes please. By the way, when does your classes starts?

Comment

yes please. By the way, when does your classes starts?
                    January 14th, what about you?

Comment

January 14th, what about you?
                      22nd Jan. Btw, have you completed filing your application?
                      Last edited by sainadh; 11-01-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

22nd Jan. Btw, have you completed filing your application?
                        No, I'm still working on the cover letter.

Comment

Inquiry about processing times

No, I'm still working on the cover letter.
                          Hi, have you guys heard any new news about the processing times? I filed my application on sep 25 and did not hear back yet? I heard that the processing times is going to be the same as before (2.5 - 3 months).

Comment

Originally posted by amir_mz1 View Post
                            Hi, have you guys heard any new news about the processing times? I filed my application on sep 25 and did not hear back yet? I heard that the processing times is going to be the same as before (2.5 - 3 months).
                            Hi amir_mz1,

which center[Vermont/California] is processing your application? Currently, it says the processing time for Vermont Service center is 4.2 months & California Service center is 2.5 months.
                            Keep in touch.

Thank you!!
                            Last edited by sainadh; 11-02-2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Hi amir_mz1,

which center[Vermont/California] is processing your application? Currently, it says the processing time for Vermont Service center is 4.2 months & California Service center is 2.5 months.
                              Keep in touch.

Thank you!!
                              Vermont Center!

See what happens.

Please let me know if you heard any unofficial news about ELIS processing times.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X