Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewal of Indian Passport, Consulate issued new passport with US address.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal of Indian Passport, Consulate issued new passport with US address.

Hi

I'm indian citizen with green card. I had applied to Indian Consulate in USA for renewal of my Indian Passport after it expired. Indian Consulate in USA issued new Indian Passport but they specified my address in USA as the address on the passport instead of using my Permanent address in India. I tried to reach them several times but they are not responding. I will appreciate if somebody could share their passport renewal experience in terms of the address that is specified on the new renewed passport.

Thanks.

no worries
    please say go to embassy and give a request for address change
    may be they will want you to get a new passport
    thanks
    mani

Comment

Why is this a problem for you? You DO live in the US, so it's not like you're a visitor and they put your temporary US address in your passport. Anyway, nobody really cares which address is in there.

Comment

indian has embassy has a provision to add , Permanent address in US. that is your current resdient
        eventhough your Permenent residnet here , your are citizen of India, for me they have added
        two

Address in India
        Current Addres in US

same like you they added US address in my passport, then i have requested , with reference to my OLD PASSPORT And Election id original copy
        and they added Indian address in PAssport , my view is like this it is always safe to have Indian address in PAssport , unitil you become citizen ,
        take it easy
        thanks
        mani

Comment

Well, you can do what manirainbow suggests, but I really don't see any reason to waste your time. They hardly look at the address portion of your passport, and I suppose it's only useful if you lose it. Put a sticker on the back cover with your Indian address and emergency contact (like I have done) if you don't want to bother with the rest.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Follow up question: if I try to do anything in India that requires address proof in India, I won't be able to use my Indian passport as it has the US address.

manirainbow, did you ask the Indian consulate to put both addresses on your passport or did they do it by themselves. Also the passport that I received doesn't have any space for specifying a second address.

Thanks.

Comment

yes
              you are correct, without indian address mentioned in passport , you cannot do anyting in India , even adding name in Electoral list
              thay have added the last page ,INdian address , and printed one line blank and added US address
              no worries go to Indian consulate if you have time and request them to add Indian address, ( take old passport , and proof of indian address) and they will add as Endosement :- THe holders address in India is " YYYY YYYY YYYY " like that
              hope this helps

Follow up question: if I try to do anything in India that requires address proof in India, I won't be able to use my Indian passport as it has the US address.

manirainbow, did you ask the Indian consulate to put both addresses on your passport or did they do it by themselves. Also the passport that I received doesn't have any space for specifying a second address.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Ah, yes, to do stuff there, you need an address. What about bank statements in India? Don't they work? And, the PAN card?

Comment

Originally posted by cafeconleche View Post
                  Ah, yes, to do stuff there, you need an address. What about bank statements in India? Don't they work? And, the PAN card?
                  Technically bank statements is considered as a part of secondary evidence
                  Primary evidence
                  1) Passport 2) PANCARD 3) Ration card
                  secondary evidence :- lot questions will arise with secondary
                  Bank statment - nationalized
                  i have gone though much troubles in obtaining PCC for USA for passport issued in Kuwait

Indian address in passport should be added , i woked in kuwait i am a residnet there for 5 years when i give my passport for renweal they dont update my kuwait address
                  i cant acknowlege indian consulate logic of adding US address, eventhough they add US address , they are not supposed to change anything in OLD PASSPORT until or without legal documentaion

Comment

Originally posted by cafeconleche View Post
                    TEchnically following documents are considered as primary evidence in India , ( i have go through a hard time :-)
                    1) Ration CArd
                    2) PASSPORT ADDRESS
                    3) Election id

Seconary ID

1) PAN CARD
                    2) BANK STATEMents (nationalized bank)
                    3) REdiencey or nativity certificate from Village office

any way it is always a good idea if you have time to go to Indian Embassy and request them to add atleast as a endosement to the passport with Indian ADdress

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X