Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 approved but MS degree incomplete; stamping help needed

Hi all,

My MS degree remains incomplete but I managed to get my opt. Then I got my H1 based on my bachelors degree from India. I am planning on getting my H1-B visa stamped soon. I am afraid that my visa stamping would be in trouble if my MS degree is not complete. Are my fears valid or is it legitimate to get the H1-B visa in my situation. Any comments or suggestions in this regard will be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Harish

Originally posted by hkumar1
    Hi all,

My MS degree remains incomplete but I managed to get my opt. Then I got my H1 based on my bachelors degree from India. I am planning on getting my H1-B visa stamped soon. I am afraid that my visa stamping would be in trouble if my MS degree is not complete. Are my fears valid or is it legitimate to get the H1-B visa in my situation. Any comments or suggestions in this regard will be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Harish
    same situation here and I dont have opt either
    please let me know if you get any replies

thanks
    leo

Comment

You are taking a risk of going for the stamping becos if they ask you why u could not finish your MS degree make sure you have a convincing answer and also just in case if you get rejected have a back up plan of getting an interview date fixed in India too.

It all depends on that day ur luck and ur confidence of answering your incomplete MS degree questions
      Hope this helps

Comment

Stuck in same situation oct 2012.

Originally posted by hkumar1 View Post
        Hi all,

Harish
        Hi HKumar,

I am in the same boat. I went to US for MS but couldn't complete. Managed to get my OPT. Got my H1 B approved based on B Tech from India. Now Now I work for fortune 500 company in US. Came to new delhi for H1 b stamping and stuck in admin. process. Its been 3 weeks and haven't heard from them yet.

What happend to your case. Did you get your visa stamped. I am just curious and worried about what is going to happen next.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X