Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary occupation in DS-160 for visitor visa

Dear Seniors/Friends,

I am in process to fill up the DS-160 forms for my parents. My parents appeared for the B2 visa interview in 2010 and visa got rejected.

My father was retired in 2010. Now he is actively looking into agriculture ( Farmers) land of my grand father.

1. Can I select agriculture in drop down of current primary occupation of my father in DS-160 ? Actually I am focusing on strong tie and I feel occupation is one of the part of strong tie.

2. Will it be any problem if primary occupation differs from previous DS-160 ? what will be the possible questions on this ? Will it be end up with more questions and rejection one more time?

3. What documents my parents should carry to support agriculture ( Farmers) related documents? i.e land etc.

Thanks a lot for your advice and help.

1. Yes.
    2. There can be questions. Just answer truthfully.
    3. Whatever documents he has such as ownership of land, buying seeds and fertilizer, selling crop etc.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      1. Yes.
      3. Whatever documents he has such as ownership of land, buying seeds and fertilizer, selling crop etc.
      Thank you very much Senior. It really is giving me some hope.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
        1. Yes.
        Need some more info with DS-160.

1. I have selected "Agriculture" in the drop down. What should I write on this field "Present Employer or School Name" ?

Should I enter like this "SELF - FARMER". Will it make sense to VO ? I am very much worried and confused about this critical OCCUPATION field of DS-160 as this is related to strong tie.

2. "Monthly Income in Local Currency (if employed)" - If I write month income Rs.25000, then it is very very law in current situation, so I am afraid. Will it impact visa interview if I select "does not apply"

3. Briefly describe your duties: What should I enter for this field in details? so it will make sense to VO

Thank you seniors/friends for your help.

Comment

1. That is fine.

2. Whatever he is making, write it truthfully and hope for the best.

3. Farming.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Primary Occupation - DS 160

Hi immihelp,

Regarding the "Primary Occupation" on the DS160 form, could you please tell me which one i should select when i am a financial analyst working for a company in the oil & gas industry? I am sorry if this question has already been answered in the past, i looked all over the forum, but couldn't find an answer to this specific question. Should i go with "Business" or "Other"?? Thanks so much for your help!
            Last edited by Explorer; 11-18-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

DS-160 (current primary occupation)

Dear Friends,

I am in process to fill up the DS-160 forms for my parents. My mother is housewife and my father run a small kirana shop and also have some agriculture land at village. My father never filled income tax return and he also does not have any papers for agriculture land. for this case I have following questions.

1. What I have to select in current primary occupation agriculture or business of my father in DS-160 ?

2. What documents my parents should carry to support agriculture (Farmers) related documents?

Thanks a lot for your advice and help.

Sudeep

Comment

I want to thank everyone for the useful information!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X