Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when priority date becomes current after retrogression (Interview over)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when priority date becomes current after retrogression (Interview over)

Hi,
    I had applied for I485 (Family based category) in Dec 2010 after my priority date became current. I attended interview but the priority date had retrogressed by then. So I was informed to wait for the dates to be current again.
    The priority dates again became current this month (Nov 2012). Could you please advice on what I should do next? Should I call USCIS and open a ticket/SR. Or is there anything else I should do? My concern is that in the letter I got after USCIS interview, it says not to contact USCIS for 90 days after the dates become current again.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

To add on to my above question ...
    When I check my case status online in USCIS website, I see the status as "Interview and Testing", even though my interview was over in March 2011. This is another reason that makes me want to contact USCIS but the letter I got after interview states that USCIS should not be contacted before 90 days after priority date becomes current again. Is it ok to contact USCIS to open an SR?
    Also could you tell me how long it usually takes to receive a green card after the priority date becomes current (incases like mine where 485 has been applied and interview is already over)

Thank you.

Comment

hi i realy wonna talk to you ive the same situation here and i dont know what to do

hi i just saw your post after a very long searching online please contact me if you can!

same as you
      I had applied for I485 (Family based category) in aug 2010 after my priority date became current on sep 2010. I attended interview but the priority date had retrogressed by then. So I was informed to wait for the dates to be current again.

my question for you is what kind of status you remaining while waiting for your priority date

where did you go to interview at? what city?

if i can have your email or any other contact info will help me alot

thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Kefi Kevin Sapir View Post
        hi i just saw your post after a very long searching online please contact me if you can!

same as you
        I had applied for I485 (Family based category) in aug 2010 after my priority date became current on sep 2010. I attended interview but the priority date had retrogressed by then. So I was informed to wait for the dates to be current again.

my question for you is what kind of status you remaining while waiting for your priority date

where did you go to interview at? what city?

if i can have your email or any other contact info will help me alot

thanks a lot
        Same with me I filed my adjustment of status last November 2010(priority date is current).I was interviewed February of 2011 but at that time my priority date retrogressed.until now I'am waiting for my priority date to become current.

Comment

Originally posted by g345 View Post
          To add on to my above question ...
          When I check my case status online in USCIS website, I see the status as "Interview and Testing", even though my interview was over in March 2011. This is another reason that makes me want to contact USCIS but the letter I got after interview states that USCIS should not be contacted before 90 days after priority date becomes current again. Is it ok to contact USCIS to open an SR?
          Also could you tell me how long it usually takes to receive a green card after the priority date becomes current (incases like mine where 485 has been applied and interview is already over)

Thank you.
          Me too my I-485 is pending after my interview last February 2011.I filed my adjustment of status November of 2010 then December of 2010,my priority date retrogressed.I guess I'll have to wait again until my priority date becomes current to see what's gonna happen...but why they did the schedule of my interview in the first place?...I don't get it!

Comment

Originally posted by x52012 View Post
            Me too my I-485 is pending after my interview last February 2011.I filed my adjustment of status November of 2010 then December of 2010,my priority date retrogressed.I guess I'll have to wait again until my priority date becomes current to see what's gonna happen...but why they did the schedule of my interview in the first place?...I don't get it!
            Can you share your experience please? What happend to your case after date became current again?

Comment

I am in the same boat. Can you please share your experience?

Comment

Originally posted by f4category View Post
                I am in the same boat. Can you please share your experience?

When is your PD?

Comment

Originally posted by aju_14 View Post
                  When is your PD?
                  July21 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by f4category View Post
                    July21 2003.
                    Scheduled your interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X