RFE for change of status from H4 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H4 to f1

Hi my name is spandana, I am on h4 but I am in India. Things between Me and my husband not going well. So I am planning for ms in us. If I on h4 and join college and if I file for f1 do I need any documents from my husband. Or else if I attend f1 visa if it gets rejected need to attend h4 interview or old h4 is valid??? One single wrong step ruined my life. Please do the need full .thanks in advance

Ticket creat

Comment

H4 to F1 RFE received

Hey guys,

Today I received RFE and it asks me to show documentation/proofs regarding my residence in my home country. This would explain that post completion of my course(Masters) I would move back to my country. And also they require me to submit my current telephone bills, utility bills, rental agreements, etc. for my residence in my home country.
      I do have concerns regarding this since I am staying here in the United States from almost a year now and they want utility/other papers from back home. I fail to understand this and how to respond them.

Please suggest if anybody has any experience or suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by Monalisa Chati View Post
        I submitted bank docs in my name from India and parental property docs. Also specified that it is not a language training course I'm doing here, but a Masters Degree.
        Hi Monalisa,

Is your visa approved by the same reply you mentioned above? I have also received the same RFE and thinking about the response.

Comment

Originally posted by rp20384 View Post
          Hello All,

I got my wife's H4 to F1 approved yesterday, a bit lengthy but happy ending. Thought will give the timeline here so it will be helpfull to all.
          May 1st 2015 - Process started with University, they took more than 2 months to give all the required documents.
          July 27th 2015 - Finally after tens of followups, Submitted all the documents to university to post to USCIS.
          Aug 10th 2015 - USCIS received the docs, univ took ten days to send the documents.
          3 times raised quiery to USCIS for status, no luck.
          Dec 29 2015, finally USCIS send the RFE letter with below questions
          1) Sevis status shows CANCEL --> University is supposed to update the status of DEFER within 60days of application, failing automatically Sevis will update the status as CANCEL. This is what happened.
          2) As Univ took ten days time to send the post, USCIS asked the proof of spouse employment for that ten days.

Jan 12th 2016: Submitted the required documents.
          Dec 30 2016 - USCIS Approved the H4 to F1 COS.

Hope this helps.
          Whoever applies, make sure that your university defers your status in sevis within 60days else, your status will automaatically be changed to Cancel and you will get RFE on this.
          Hi, mind explaining how your school reset your SEVIS record to "Initial"? Did they request a data fix and how soon did it get fixed? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi Team,

Apr 2018 - Enter US in H4
            Jan 2019 - school admission
            Aug 2019 - filed COS
            Nov 2019 - received RFE

Received RFE as below from H4 to F1, I have only few days left to respond. Please please suggest:
            1. Expired sevis status - asked school to fix it.
            2. Latest i20 - asked school already shared latest last time but they asked again, so I think this should be fine.
            3. Strong ties with home country
            4. Local address from the time came to US

Please suggest

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X