Clear All

• any Update

Hi

any Update? I am also in same boat.

thanks

Comment

• h1b 221g green form, Mumbai consulate

Hi

My wife appeared for her h1b visa interview today at Mumbai US consulate. Its her first visit to India after H1 approval and also first stamping after h1b visa approval. She has got the 221g with required list of documents. She is a direct full time employee with company in USA and have education from one of the prominent schools in USA before she joined her job. I have questions regarding documents she has been asked for:

1. Invitation letter from employer:

My wife does not have invitation letter and the company doesn't have any format for invitation letter. They have provided her employment verification letter. She also has support letter from employer that was submitted for H1b visa petition. Will employment verification letter suffice?

2. They have asked for following documents in word format,

3) Research: My wife did not have any research activity, can we have "Not applicable" here

7) Funding: She is a full time employee but, she is paying from her own pocket for this trip, Do we write company name or self funded?

Please help, we really need advice during this frustrating time.

Comment

• 221g white form Delhi embassy

Details
        Biometrics on 16th October
        Interview on 17th, New Delhi
        Applied for b1 visa to attend a scientific conference ( from 30th now to 5th December ). Asked for 15 days stay. First time international travel

Vo: good morning
        Me: good morning
        Vo: yr passport
        I handed it over
        Vo : what do u do
        Me: I'm. Doctor doing MD from xxxx govt medical doll
        Vo: why hv u done your mbbs from
        Me: from the same institute
        Vo: why are u traveling to us
        To attend a scientific conference in which my research paper has been accepted and I hv received an invitation letter.
        Vo: what's the topic
        Me : told him
        Vo: go to counter no 9 for some additional questions otherwise everything is fine
        I went. There was an Indian lady asked my passport. Took out a white form ( some 221g of some act )entered case file number and date and asked me to email some documents ( invitation letter, cv, itinerary, sponsors etc)
        I mailed them on 20th oct.
        Any1 has any idea if I get the visa or not and if yes how long will it take?
        I checked the status online, it says administrative processing...

Comment

• 221g white slip in hyderabad

Hello friends,

I went for stamping in Hyd on 7th Nov and was given 221g white slip. only question asked by VO was company name.
          I have been working directly for a big employer in US from past 4 yrs.

my bachelors is in microbiology but I did my MS in computers and now working into software. is microbiology considered part of TAL?

whats the average time US consulate gets back to us after administrative processing

thanks!

Comment

• 221 (G) - need information

Hi Admin,
            I have one question, I transferred my H1B from One client to another Company. Right now I am in India I din’t book any slot for appointment. But I got a call from my new employer and he said 2 persons went for the interview and they got 221(g) so he told me to hold on till they got clear. Now Its almost 3 months no update.
            So, my question is if for same employer 2 persons already got 221(g) means in my case also it will repeat..? or just luck base..?
            while interview VO will update in the system how many got 221(g) query for this client..? so rest has to follow same ..?

Do I need to wait till they get clear..? please advice.

Thanks,

Comment

• Visa issued

Originally posted by santjoke View Post
              Details
              Biometrics on 16th October
              Interview on 17th, New Delhi
              Applied for b1 visa to attend a scientific conference ( from 30th now to 5th December ). Asked for 15 days stay. First time international travel

Vo: good morning
              Me: good morning
              Vo: yr passport
              I handed it over
              Vo : what do u do
              Me: I'm. Doctor doing MD from xxxx govt medical doll
              Vo: why hv u done your mbbs from
              Me: from the same institute
              Vo: why are u traveling to us
              To attend a scientific conference in which my research paper has been accepted and I hv received an invitation letter.
              Vo: what's the topic
              Me : told him
              Vo: go to counter no 9 for some additional questions otherwise everything is fine
              I went. There was an Indian lady asked my passport. Took out a white form ( some 221g of some act )entered case file number and date and asked me to email some documents ( invitation letter, cv, itinerary, sponsors etc)
              I mailed them on 20th oct.
              Any1 has any idea if I get the visa or not and if yes how long will it take?
              I checked the status online, it says administrative processing...

On 13 November my status on ceac website changed to visa issued. A day later I got email to collect my passport. Finally ! One thing, the lady said to me it will take 2-3 weeks...and I did took exactly 21 days after I submitted my documents...all the best who are still stuck up in 221 g. Cheers

Comment

• Hey Vinay!! did you get any update.

Hello Vinay,

Same boat.
                Interview held on Nov 3 New Delhi.
                Admin Processing ticked on white slip ,no doc asked yet.

Any updates at your end?

Thanks

Comment

• 221g wait time in Hyderabad

Guys,

I am new to this forum. Hi to everyone. I would like to know what is the average wait time for 221g cases in Hyderabad Consulate ? I attended visa interview on 12th Nov and VO given a whilte 221g slip. I guess hyd consulate is slower in processing when compared to other consulates. Please throw some light on it.

Comment

• 221 g for H3 at New Delhi

Hello everyone.
                    I am also in same boat. I have gone for H3 visa interview on 8th Jan and got white slip. Submitted document on 8th Jan and still under processing. Anyone has an idea how much time it will take.

Originally posted by ssa29 View Post
                    Hello Vinay,

Same boat.
                    Interview held on Nov 3 New Delhi.
                    Admin Processing ticked on white slip ,no doc asked yet.

Any updates at your end?

Thanks

Comment

• Hi,

Interview on: 12th Dec 2014.
                      Employer: ABC Solutions
                      Vendor: Randstad
                      Client: UHG

Interviewer issued me 221g white with ticked on administrative processing required.
                      Its been 40 days. Letter says they should respond within 60 days.

1. Can they take more than 60 days or they always respond within the time period mentioned ?
                      2. Is transferring my H1b to my vendor an option right now ? so to remove the employer layer.
                      3. Are there any other alternatives in this situation if I get a rejection ?

NOTE: My H1B is only valid till May 2015.

I am also worried how long my client will wait for. I am a contractor. They have been helpful so far.

Please advise.
                      Greatly Appreciated !!
                      Last edited by tarunbug; 01-21-2015, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Hi H1B_Reddy

Originally posted by H1B_Reddy View Post
                        Hi All,

i have been waiting since Dec, VO took my passport and all documents at the time of interview and issues 221g white paper with case number.
                        i have been checking the status on CEAC website regularly, it is showing the regular message like it is under admin processing.

i have checked CEAC today also, it is stillshowing that it is under admin processing.

and today, i.e after 100 days, i got email from US travel docs ... stating that

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is YYYY XX

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

i dont understand .....what does it mean? is that approval or denial or still in admin process. why did they keep my PP these many days (100).

please let me know.
                        Hi H1B_Reddy,
                        My case is exactly similar to your case. Can you please let me know what eventually happened in your case? I am really worried and would be glad to know hear back from you.

Thanks
                        RahulG_H1B

Comment

• paid tickets

hi i applied for c-1 visa in jerusalem , and vo gave me this 221 g and ask my to sent a paid airline tickets to them which i did since 10 days , and till not it still AP status , i just wonder if i will lose my tickets which cost me nearly 1500$ !! , my travel date is 12th october and my passport still with me

thanks for advise and help

Comment

• 221g yellow

Hello Friends,
                            My interview date was on August,30
                            The CO was not so good with me,he asked me a lot of questions about me and my husband,where we met,how long we are together...everything...he asked me about my ex boyfriend and why I end relationship with him because in my previous interview in 2013 I was issued tourist visa i told the co I have a boyfriend and I did...after that we broke up and met my husband in usa and we are together since then. I had all the papers and a lot of pictures of me and him together,from the wedding ceremony and other,together with family and friends.We are same age,same religion,we love each other so much and we dont know what to do. The CO sad that he still does not understand how have we met...which is funny thing to ask.At the end he handed me a white paper and he said here you can read your rights as a wife of us citizen when you enter usa...and then he handed me a yellow slip 221 g and he wrote admin process on it...he didnt asked for more documents...he said we will email you to inform what we have decide...Does anybody maybe has the same situation? My husband is here one year with me because we wanted to be together but he must go back because of his job...we want to be together so much...what should we do?
                            P.S The ceac status says Ready...and the update date has changed only once on September,9

Comment

• 221g white slip at Delhi

I had my interview at Delhi on 17th October for my first H1b stamping.
                              Asked me a few questions about my company (big insurance company) and my PhD.
                              Was sent to window #9 to collect a white 221g slip and was asked to submit research, cv and invitation letter via email. Kept my passport and ds-160.
                              Submitted documents on 26th Oct. Strangely on using my case number (2016xxx xxx 000x) it already says "issued" (im guessing error) however using my ds-160 id it says admin processing on the ceac website. The passport tracker says passport is still with the embassy.
                              Hopefully its just regular TAL background check and nothing more and I can get my visa soon. Let me know if you have had a similar experience!
                              Godbless!

Comment

• 221g Administrative Processing - White Slip

Had same experience. Did my Drop-box on 2nd May but passport returned in same week with a letter asking to appear for Personal Interview and Finger-printing. Went for Interview on 12th May and they asked regress questions, then gave me White slip to have me submit Client Letter and other documents. Did that as well on 22nd May and till now no status update except Administrative Processing and Document Delivery Information.

Researched on google and found out from friends and colleagues as well, this is happening with every single H1-B holder who left the US port and came to India for stamping or renewal. It appears that this is due to Donald Trump's remarks over H1-B Visa holders. People in US Embassy just hold the flag up to Administrative Processing so that they can do intense scrutiny.

This is really time taking process and would definitely frustrate the person who stuck into it. But no one can do anything except waiting patiently.

Good part is that, most people get successful through this process after certain waiting time.

I can share this now based on my experience and studying different cases on various forums plus cases with people within my circle.

If someone has anything to add, please do the needful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X