221g white paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g white paper

Hello guys..I had my h1b stamping interview yesterday at hyderabad consulate...the vo gave 221g white paper but nothing was ticked against documents to be submitted from my petitioner or from myself..

just the top portion where it says you will receive further instructionsjn email at the email address provided in your application..that part was ticked..

Vo did not mention about any documents submission ..I asked if its administrative processing..he said yes..I believe its common Muslim name check...

I got email in afternoon asking basic information about myself..and I replied to the email..

My PP along with i797 is with consulate...

I am now getting confused nothing is ticked on the white paper...do I still need to submit anything at OFC

Anyone ran into same situation...if so after how many days they get their PP back and with or without visa.

Welcoming myself to 221g club...however all I saw was a thread for yellow form

I had gone through 221g demon earlier when I was going for my master's and waited almost 6 months then..had to come for stamping on some emergenctly and took the risk..hoping for the best....

Thanks
    Last edited by adnaanusa; 12-11-2012, 06:06 AM.

same here

Hi, I attended my interview on Dec 7th at hyderabad and the VO barely asked me any questions. I'm in a marketing related job but in a big technology company (direct employee). I did my MS in Biotech. This is my first H1B and i was on Opt for a year before this. The VO handed me a form about 221g with the "consulate will email you with a questionnaire" option ticked. He said watch out for an email from us and reply to the questionnaire and we will start the process after we receive the reply from you. He retained my passport and DS-160 confirmationa and copy of i-797. I had a similar experience during my F1 visa interview 3 years ago, and it took about 4 weeks for the processing. I wonder what the process time will be this time. I'm very worried as it is my first H1B and this 221g doesnt seem to leave me alone.

Comment

Can you please tell me what does it shows to you when you do the following..about the status of your case...

For me it says below message...

" Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website. "

When I sent email to get PP status..it says. " PP is still with post.."

Hoping for best.. and for all people going through this brutal wait and mental trauma of getting PP's back with approved visa...

Is there any other way we can track our case....anyone else got same 221g paper and got approval and in how many days...

Also I don't think.. this pdf will get updated with our case.. right?

as it is chennai consulate....

I believe HYD consulate.. is just allowing users to view the case status online.. and not in pdf file...

Thanks..
      Last edited by adnaanusa; 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM.

Comment

tracking the case

hi adnaan,
        I had my interview on 7th dec, and until yesterday U.S consulate website tracker [ said

" Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website. "

When I sent email to get PP tracker until tuesday it said " PP is still with post.." however from tuesday onwards i always get message "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted." When i call the helpline it says "your passport is with the consulate post" so maybe there is some problem with the automated replies via email.

However starting today my case is not showing up on consulate 221g tracker. It says "We were not able to identify Case #
        I dont know what's going on. One day the consulate tracker doesnt work and the next day the PP tracker doesnt work for me.

Comment

So basically the message you are getting is normal and that's the same i was getting too. Passport is still with post means it is still with the consulate post. And the consulate website too says its undergoing processing which is normal. Unfortunately there is no other way to track other than these 2 methods and calling DOS i guess. Atleast in your case you are able to track both the case and the passport. Mine is giving errors since 2 or 3 days for both. Right now I'm unble to view my case due to error and PP tracker also says no status update available. Since it has been one week exactly since my interview I'm not contacting DOS, i will wait another week and call them. Tell me about your background? Did they ask you to submit additional documents other than the questionnaire and resume? I'm guessing you have a common muslim name. Do you belong to a TAL field?

My case is as follows - Interview date- 7th dec
          TAL - Biotech background (M.S in US + company is a biotech company)
          Im however not in research and in marketing.
          First time H1B stamping.
          Direct employee of the company sponsoring H1B

My case seems straightforward but only time will tell!
          Last edited by Eagerlywaiting; 12-14-2012, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagerlywaiting View Post
            So basically the message you are getting is normal and that's the same i was getting too. Passport is still with post means it is still with the consulate post. And the consulate website too says its undergoing processing which is normal. Unfortunately there is no other way to track other than these 2 methods and calling DOS i guess. Atleast in your case you are able to track both the case and the passport. Mine is giving errors since 2 or 3 days for both. Right now I'm unble to view my case due to error and PP tracker also says no status update available. Since it has been one week exactly since my interview I'm not contacting DOS, i will wait another week and call them. Tell me about your background? Did they ask you to submit additional documents other than the questionnaire and resume? I'm guessing you have a common muslim name. Do you belong to a TAL field?

My case is as follows - Interview date- 7th dec
            TAL - Biotech background (M.S in US + company is a biotech company)
            Im however not in research and in marketing.
            First time H1B stamping.
            Direct employee of the company sponsoring H1B

My case seems straightforward but only time will tell!

My case is giving me the same results as you are getting since yesterday.

Any update on your case?

Comment

Nope no updates my end. Documents are with consulate post. My case status and pp tracker are still not working.

Comment

H1 B Visa Status

Hi Friends,

I have attended H1 B Visa interview on Sep 18th 2012 and consulate has given me 221g white form and said my case needs administartive processing and it will take some 2-3 weeks . But till today i din't receive any updates from them and no idea how long it takes. when ever I call Ustraveldesk they say that the case is still under processing, did any one face the same issue like me if so how long it has taken to get the visa.

Comment

Adnaan any update? What is your employment background? EC EVC or direct E? Case status shows processing as usual (started working again 2 days ago) and PP tracker is still down. I called DOS yesterday and they said the case is still pending administrative processing (nothing new) So waiting as usual....

MGUJJU- You should email VFS and the consulate saying 2 months has elapsed since your interview and you need a case status. They usually respond after several mails ive heard esp if its passed 60 days. which consulate did you go to?

Comment

Adnaan any update? What is your employment background? EC EVC or direct E? Case status shows processing as usual (started working again 2 days ago) and PP tracker is still down. I called DOS yesterday and they said the case is still pending administrative processing (nothing new) So waiting as usual....

MGUJJU- You should email VFS and the consulate saying 2 months has elapsed since your interview and you need a case status. They usually respond after several mails ive heard esp if its passed 60 days. which consulate did you go to?
                    EVC.. but no questions were asked related to that.. during interview.. or any documents were asked...just client name and my pay stubs.. which were shown to VO.. and were returned back to me.... I am worried.. as some people.. are being asked to submit documents at a later point.. not sure what type of verification is being done.. i will call by next tuesday.. that's when I will complete 2 weeks.. or is the call option need to be used after 60 days ? I hope.. I don't have to wait that much longer...

I am able to see the update on the website about my case and also able to get the PP status through email... both did not work... for 2 or 3 days... I believe their systems go down.. starting Friday evening.. was able to get results from website on Monday evening.. PP tracker was working.. during weekend though...

However.. gone through some other threads in this forum.. and some have mentioned... that these trackers are also not helpful.. in some cases...

hope this wait ends soon.. for everyone.. and me...without being asked for any further information at a later point...

Comment

H1 and H4 - 221 White

HI All,

i just get into your bucket... attended interview on 17th Dec, PP retained by VO and given white Slip, only marked admin processing in the sheet, no documents to submit.
                      will this take months to be processed?

Originally posted by adnaanusa View Post
                      EVC.. but no questions were asked related to that.. during interview.. or any documents were asked...just client name and my pay stubs.. which were shown to VO.. and were returned back to me.... I am worried.. as some people.. are being asked to submit documents at a later point.. not sure what type of verification is being done.. i will call by next tuesday.. that's when I will complete 2 weeks.. or is the call option need to be used after 60 days ? I hope.. I don't have to wait that much longer...

I am able to see the update on the website about my case and also able to get the PP status through email... both did not work... for 2 or 3 days... I believe their systems go down.. starting Friday evening.. was able to get results from website on Monday evening.. PP tracker was working.. during weekend though...

However.. gone through some other threads in this forum.. and some have mentioned... that these trackers are also not helpful.. in some cases...

hope this wait ends soon.. for everyone.. and me...without being asked for any further information at a later point...
                      Reddy

Comment

[[email protected];289354]HI All,

i just get into your bucket... attended interview on 17th Dec, PP retained by VO and given white Slip, only marked admin processing in the sheet, no documents to submit.
                        will this take months to be processed?
                        [/QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear you join the 221g wait group...hope we all get it cleared soon..

what questions did the vo asked?

Wait varies from person to person or case to case ..

Comment

Adnaan you don't need to wait 60
                          Days to call DOS. You can call them immediately.
                          No documents except the email questionnaire that I submitted was asked from me as well.
                          I have my departure date coming up and I'm afraid I need to cancel it. Lot of money down the drain

Comment

Eagerlywaiting

I have emailed VFS lots of time they are just saying still it is in adminstartive processing, no idea when that process will be complted if any one faced the same situation please let me know who long it will take the process?

Comment

Waiting game

Originally posted by mgujju View Post
                              I have emailed VFS lots of time they are just saying still it is in adminstartive processing, no idea when that process will be complted if any one faced the same situation please let me know who long it will take the process?
                              Guys
                              I attended the visa interview (H1B) with my wife (H4) on Dec11. I too got a 221(g) white sheet. I work for a direct client (bank). No docs were asked... Just filled out and emailed them the questionnaire. Now it's a waiting game.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X