No announcement yet.

221g white paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for my first H1b interveiw on June 22nd in Canada and was given 221 g white slip. VO mentioned that it is usually taking 1-2 weeks these days to process. They have sent me the the supplemental questions for visa applicants next day (the DS 5535 form). since then my case is under admin review. Precisely it has been 16 working days post interview day. VO kept my passport and I797. Hoping to recieve my passport soon. Anyone with similar expericence ??

Originally posted by erca View Post
    Had same experience. Did my Drop-box on 2nd May but passport returned in same week with a letter asking to appear for Personal Interview and Finger-printing. Went for Interview on 12th May and they asked regress questions, then gave me White slip to have me submit Client Letter and other documents. Did that as well on 22nd May and till now no status update except Administrative Processing and Document Delivery Information.

Researched on google and found out from friends and colleagues as well, this is happening with every single H1-B holder who left the US port and came to India for stamping or renewal. It appears that this is due to Donald Trump's remarks over H1-B Visa holders. People in US Embassy just hold the flag up to Administrative Processing so that they can do intense scrutiny.

This is really time taking process and would definitely frustrate the person who stuck into it. But no one can do anything except waiting patiently.

Good part is that, most people get successful through this process after certain waiting time.

I can share this now based on my experience and studying different cases on various forums plus cases with people within my circle.

If someone has anything to add, please do the needful.

Comment

• Case created before interview Date

Case Created: 16th June 2017
      Interview date: 19th June 2017

Attended h1b visa stamping on 19th June 2017 and asked few basic questions and issued 221g white form for Administrative process.

After the interview i came to know that they have contacted client.

On 28th June 2017 got a call from embbasy to submit client letter and lca, which i did on the same day.

From that day i am still waiting for my status update.

Could anyone have any idea how many days will it take to complete the process?

Comment

• What questions asked in questionnaire?

Originally posted by Arya 221g View Post
        finally the wait is over. today the status changed to issued, but i haven't received an email regarding passport collection

my History
        Date of interview:20 june 2014
        type of visa h4
        221g reason:May be TAL as I have masters in bio tech,passport returned after the interview
        consulate:hyd
        extra details requested by consulate:recieved an email on 25th june to fill a questionnaire and send cv
        dates changed on CEAC website:26th Jun
        Recieved email on july 25 to submit passport
        Date changed on july 28th but status is admin processing
        Date changed on Aug 1, status "issued"
        Expecting to receive email to collect passport in couple of days

Any prev experience:was issued visa in 2013 after 5 weeks. Last year too recieved email to fill a questionnaire and cv in txt format
        Hi Arya, could you please give details of what questions were asked? I was also given a long questionnaire. Wanted to cross compare.

Comment

• Originally posted by noamaanmohdkhan View Post
          Hi Arya, could you please give details of what questions were asked? I was also given a long questionnaire. Wanted to cross compare.
          its the same questionnaire, simple personal details and then to submit CV in txt format, what Visa are you?
          I request members, in signature to include brief details like type of Visa, interview date, last update date if changed on CEAC website, so that it can help other members get brief idea of the pace of 221g cases.

Hey
          After the 2014 experience, 2017 visited India for vacation and got 221g again
          Brief history
          My self indian citizen, H1 visa working for a renowned IT company, name doesn't contain mohammed, Always get visa issued with in a day or two
          My wife - Iranian Citizen, Masters in BioTech, H4 visa. Got 221g in 2013, visa issued in 48-49 days. 2nd 221g in 2014 got visa in 36 days
          Now 2017
          We Attended in person interview, I got my H1 Visa issued with in 2 days as usual
          and wife got 221g as usual
          Interview Date - Aug 31, 2017
          Received questionnaire - the same day, Aug 31, 17
          Replied with completed questionnaire - the same day, Aug 31
          When we travelled, we met the Trump travel ban exception criterion so made travel plans, didn't know he will sign a new executive order on sept 25, 2017 directly impacting my wife. We have a US born son, keeping fingers crossed, hoping for quick resolution of 221g and travel back by Oct 18, 2017

Comment

• case updated Date changed

the case updated date changed today to 9/26/2017.
            Hoping to soon receive an email to drop passport for visa stamping.

My Case history
            Citizen - Iran
            Consulate - Hyd, India
            Visa - H4
            Interview date - Aug 31, 2017 221g white given, same day received email with Questionnaire and to send resume in txt format. Replied the same day
            Case Last update Date changes - First time changed Sep 26,2017
            Previous cases - 2013, same visa type, 221g cleared in about 45 days, 2014 cleared in about 35 days

Comment

• Submitted Passport On Oct 5 - Status changed to Application received

Hi Guys
              Received email to submit passport on Sept 27 and then on Oct 4. Submitted passport on Oct 5,
              since then the status is application received, with the following message
              "Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.
              For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate"

it has been over two weeks now and still no update yet, sent emails, got the same standard reply.
              has any body faced similar change in status "application received", how long was it in that status and to what status it changed to afterwards

both my previous applications the status used to remain in administrative processing till it changed to issued.

Originally posted by Wife_H4_221g View Post
              the case updated date changed today to 9/26/2017.
              Hoping to soon receive an email to drop passport for visa stamping.

My Case history
              Citizen - Iran
              Consulate - Hyd, India
              Visa - H4
              Interview date - Aug 31, 2017 221g white given, same day received email with Questionnaire and to send resume in txt format. Replied the same day
              Case Last update Date changes - First time changed Sep 26,2017
              Previous cases - 2013, same visa type, 221g cleared in about 45 days, 2014 cleared in about 35 days

Comment

• Originally posted by masunil3110 View Post
                Case Created: 16th June 2017
                Interview date: 19th June 2017

Attended h1b visa stamping on 19th June 2017 and asked few basic questions and issued 221g white form for Administrative process.

After the interview i came to know that they have contacted client.

On 28th June 2017 got a call from embbasy to submit client letter and lca, which i did on the same day.

From that day i am still waiting for my status update.

Could anyone have any idea how many days will it take to complete the process?
                Hi sunil, Any update on your case??My case went in admin processing on 02 nov. Wondering how long i have to wait. We have return flights next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by tim_horton View Post
                I had my interview at Delhi on 17th October for my first H1b stamping.
                Asked me a few questions about my company (big insurance company) and my PhD.
                Was sent to window #9 to collect a white 221g slip and was asked to submit research, cv and invitation letter via email. Kept my passport and ds-160.
                Submitted documents on 26th Oct. Strangely on using my case number (2016xxx xxx 000x) it already says "issued" (im guessing error) however using my ds-160 id it says admin processing on the ceac website. The passport tracker says passport is still with the embassy.
                Hopefully its just regular TAL background check and nothing more and I can get my visa soon. Let me know if you have had a similar experience!
                Godbless!
                Any updates on your case?

Comment

• 221g Resolved

I have been following this blog for a while. I am adding my case in here if that helps

I work for fortune 10 company and a full time employee. This is my second H1b interview (first time in Canada)

Finger Prints were done on November 20th and Interview on 21st

VO asked very basic questions like Employer details and about my university (reputed University) and said everything looks good and you should receive passport in two weeks and gave a white form (221g)

First Update: December 5th (case updated)
                  Issued : December 06
                  Passport Picked up : December 07

As someone mentioned, it would take 10 working days to get you visa and passport if everything is okay

Comment

• Originally posted by krupal183 View Post
                    I have been following this blog for a while. I am adding my case in here if that helps

I work for fortune 10 company and a full time employee. This is my second H1b interview (first time in Canada)

Finger Prints were done on November 20th and Interview on 21st

VO asked very basic questions like Employer details and about my university (reputed University) and said everything looks good and you should receive passport in two weeks and gave a white form (221g)

First Update: December 5th (case updated)
                    Issued : December 06
                    Passport Picked up : December 07

As someone mentioned, it would take 10 working days to get you visa and passport if everything is okay
                    Hello Krupal, I hope your case has been resolved. If not it is really nothing to be worried about. I went through the same thing during my visa process 4 years ago, but it was resolved in less than 2 weeks.

Administrative processing is used to verify that the individual(s) involved pose no threat to the United States.

If your name or something about your profile matches the record of anyone the US considers a threat, they put you on hold to confirm that you are in no way related to such person or event.

I believe the process should take a few weeks but its usually less than 60 days according to their website.

If you need more help, you can contact me here: olu (@) noabros.com

Hope you have a great time in the US!

Comment

• 221g white slip for H4

My wife recently went for H4 dropbox on Dec 26th and then subsequently was called for fingerprint and interview at the hyderabad US consulate on Jan 10th. Post the interview, she got the 221g white slip stating that the case needs additional admin processing. No additional documents were asked and her passport was returned. She was told that she would receive an email in 2-3 days to dropbox the passport again, post that i think it would be go into admin processing.

Anyone with a similar case? I would like to know the timelines for additional administrative processing.

Comment

• 221 g Refusal Email After Initial In Person Approval

I just had my interview for Tourist Visa yesterday in Mumbai, 16 Jan 2018. Interview went well. Interviewer said my visa was approved and to wait 3-5 days for passport to be ready. Then two hours after my interview, they called me and emailed me the 221g form asking about 6 questions and to return it back to them within 7 days.

Is this normal? They said they're returning my passport, and to submit this to them. How did something change? I was 100% truthful in everything and don't know if there's hope or if this is rejected?

Please if anything like this happened to anyone else?

Originally posted by ggn17 View Post
                        Hi sunil, Any update on your case??My case went in admin processing on 02 nov. Wondering how long i have to wait. We have return flights next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Any updates on your case?

Comment

• A post-interview evidence request is quite common, due to a supervisor review of the interviewer's recommendation.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Kalei View Post
                          I just had my interview for Tourist Visa yesterday in Mumbai, 16 Jan 2018. Interview went well. Interviewer said my visa was approved and to wait 3-5 days for passport to be ready. Then two hours after my interview, they called me and emailed me the 221g form asking about 6 questions and to return it back to them within 7 days.

Is this normal? They said they're returning my passport, and to submit this to them. How did something change? I was 100% truthful in everything and don't know if there's hope or if this is rejected?

Please if anything like this happened to anyone else?

Comment

• 221g pending after 60days

I am phd in biochemistry and was working as a postdoctoral fellow in US with an approved i797. I had my interview for H1B stamping on nov 3, 2017 as I visited India. They gave me a form stating refusal under 221g and told to submit a list of documents. I submitted the docs on nov 6,2017 and again on dec19, 2017 as I got an email from the embassy stating non-receival of docs. Though I have the confirmation mail for documents receival for both the dates. My case has not been updated since the date of my interview. And its been more than 75 days now.Please if anyone is going through the same situation kindly share your views. All suggestions are welcome.

Comment

• 1 year for administration processing!!!

Hello

I applied for US visa B2 and had an interview one year ago and my case went under administrative processing. Noting happend after one year and my case status shows ?Administrative Processing? without any updating!!! I emaied them once and after few dayes they reapplied me and said this part is necessary and you have to wait until getting email from embassy. Only I got one white paper without any documents they are looking for and officer told me you getting email after few days. I?m British but I have a Asian background and I checked many websites about processing time but didn?t get any time like me. I think I?m first person in world to breack the maximum processing time record
                              Could you please any one advice me?

Many thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by tahersub4t View Post
                                Why don't you call US Embassy and ask them to escalate the issue. If processing takes more than 60 days, you can request them to escalate the case. See if that helps.

Unfortunately, no one can estimate, how long this will take. I hope it finishes quickly.
                                When we called US Consulate they are saying that they don't have an information on how to escalate this. Is there any other source on how to escalate the case?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X