Student visa expiry and H1B question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student visa expiry and H1B question

Hello all, I am a MBA student currently on OPT and it's ending in February of 2013. I currently also work based on my OPT work authorization. I plan to join school and obtain CPT so I can continue to work and not worry about my OPT that's ending in February 2013. I am also planning to file my H1B in 2013 quota. My student visa (F1) was initially granted to me for 5 years and that's ending in November 2013 as well. My question is: Will I have problems filing for H1B petition considering my F1 visa expiry in November 2013? Assuming my H1B petition gets approved, will my visa get transferred from F1 to H1B smoothly or will I have to go to consulate for stamping? After I get my H1B approval, can I travel outside USA? If I travel outside after my H1B approval, will I have to go for stamping again and will there be an interview to attend? Kindly help me with my questions.
    Thank you.

Considering your plan of using CPT to work, you are going to have problems.
    No legitimate school will give you legitimate CPT. Joining shady diploma mills will certainly get you into problems.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X