Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for evidence response review is taking so long

Hello there,

I have been wondering what is happening to my I-485 case status. It has been one year since I filed the form I-485. I filed the form in December 2011, and sent it to Chicago Lockbox address, On February 2, 2012 I had my Biometrics taken, on March 23, 2012 I had notification of transfer notice saying that they had transfered my case to California Service Center, then on September 5, 2012 they sent me notification for the request of evidence (in this case my birth certificate was made 11 years after I was born, and they asked for more evidence where there's my name and my parent's name written on the papper, so I sent my school diploma certificate). On the same day I sent the evidence to California Service Center, I filed form i-765 and sent it to Chicago Lockbox address, I have got my working permit card within 30 days after I filed i-765 form. But unlike i-765 form, I haven't got any update for my AOS, as on September 28, 2012 they received my response to their request of evidence.

And my current status is "Request for Evidence Respond Review" and this is what they say on their website:

On September 28, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done...
    Today is December 30, 2012, it's been more than 60 days since they received my response to their request of evidence, I have called National benefit center on October 29, 2012, but their answer was not helpful.

If you know anything about this case or have any advice for me I would highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Evidence response

On August 16, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location.As of now still waiting.I called the 1-800 number and received letter stating respond on my case review process continue within 60 days.

Comment

Originally posted by jh1968 View Post
      On August 16, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location.As of now still waiting.I called the 1-800 number and received letter stating respond on my case review process continue within 60 days.
      jh1968 please let me know whenever you have an update toward your case. thanks!

Comment

Card/ document production

Just checked my case on USCIS and my case status is just updated per today to "Card/ Document Production" I didn't even know when it was updated to post decision. One more thing, I am so surprised that there is no interview.

I am just so happy now!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X