Carrying Gold jewelry/gold bullion on flight to USA via London Transit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying Gold jewelry/gold bullion on flight to USA via London Transit

My wife has just received her Immigrant Visa and is accompanying me to the US, from India. I am a US Citizen. We know that we can carry Gold bullion/coins into the US as long as we declare it to the Customs at the arriving airport. There is no duty involved in these items, just a declaration that you are bringing them and the amount. I also understand that if it is over $ 10,000, then we need to fill out the special form.

However, I wanted to check if there is any Customs restriction in India on exporting these and whether there is any problem with London Customs in carrying these as a Transit passenger. We have to change airports in London for our onward flight to the US within 3 hours and so we do have to clear Customs and Immigration there, as some ground transportation is involved.

Thank you for anyone who can help.

Originally posted by sourcem View Post
    My wife has just received her Immigrant Visa and is accompanying me to the US, from India. I am a US Citizen. We know that we can carry Gold bullion/coins into the US as long as we declare it to the Customs at the arriving airport. There is no duty involved in these items, just a declaration that you are bringing them and the amount. I also understand that if it is over $ 10,000, then we need to fill out the special form.

However, I wanted to check if there is any Customs restriction in India on exporting these and whether there is any problem with London Customs in carrying these as a Transit passenger. We have to change airports in London for our onward flight to the US within 3 hours and so we do have to clear Customs and Immigration there, as some ground transportation is involved.

Thank you for anyone who can help.

Hi
    After a certain limit you can not carry the gold and coins in india.
    Last edited by samlynn; 11-28-2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X