No announcement yet.

I-130 Processing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year i had an h1b interview and my application went in admin. process( I am from Pakistan) after 90 days i started contacting the embassy but they gave me a vague response every time. So i contacted the congressman. His office expedited the process. AFTER YOUR 90 DAYS ARE OVER CONTACT THE EMBASSY RIGHT AWAY AND THEN CONTACT THE SENATOR AND THE CONGRESSMAN. otherwise you will be stuck in this for years.

Comment

Help with supporting documents

Originally posted by Manthan View Post
      Hello Everyone,

I am a US Citizen and I have filed I-130 petition for my wife, who is currently living in India. I am trying to understand the timeline for this entire process. Let me tell describe how far I have gotten into this processing.

1/17/2013, Thursday: I-130 Application sent to USCIS (Chicago)
      1/18/2013, Friday: I-130 Application received by USCIS
      1/23/2013, Wednesday: E-mail notification of file acceptance from USCIS with a receipt number
      1/26/2013, Saturday: I-797 Notify of Action Letter, acceptance notice with a receipt number. It also included all my information(DOB, name, address), and my wife's name and country of birth. All information were correct.

Now that my case has been accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing, Will I get another Notify of Action letter? How long will this take? What will be the approximate timeline before I hear another update from USCIS?

Thank you,
      Manthan
      I am a Green Card Holder and applying for I-130 for my spouse. Can you please tell what supporting documents are need to file along with I-130 petition.

Comment

Originally posted by Manthan View Post
        Hello Everyone,

I am a US Citizen and I have filed I-130 petition for my wife, who is currently living in India. I am trying to understand the timeline for this entire process. Let me tell describe how far I have gotten into this processing.

1/17/2013, Thursday: I-130 Application sent to USCIS (Chicago)
        1/18/2013, Friday: I-130 Application received by USCIS
        1/23/2013, Wednesday: E-mail notification of file acceptance from USCIS with a receipt number
        1/26/2013, Saturday: I-797 Notify of Action Letter, acceptance notice with a receipt number. It also included all my information(DOB, name, address), and my wife's name and country of birth. All information were correct.

Now that my case has been accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing, Will I get another Notify of Action letter? How long will this take? What will be the approximate timeline before I hear another update from USCIS?

Thank you,
        Manthan
        You wait. The NBC could take any where from one month to 5 months or even longer to process your case. It depends on the case load and if they don't request further documentation. This is a test of patience, you can call the customer service center to check the status and find out what priority date they are currently working on. Or check the web site "case status".
        This is just the first part of a long process. Next is NVC.
        Be patient, answer every request they send, call the customer service line if you need to, but make sure if the customer service rep suggest you do something, get it in writing.
        I listened to the rep, they are not immigration officers, and delayed my case. Make sure to follow any and all instructions sent to you from immigration, be it NBC, DHS, or a service center.

Good luck!

Comment

the long wait

I am a US citizen. Born and raised. In 2008 I came to Mexico, to adopt a child. I filed in July 2008, USCIS approved the case on sept 16 2008. Then to NBC and finally to cuidad Juarez march 28,2009! I was denied. Re filed on may 5, 2012, after completing the adoption here in Mexico, and completed the two year physical AND legal custody requirements. Aug 14, 2012....denied, lack of supporting documentation. Appeal to BIA.....Aug 30, 2012......in May contacted senators office, they actually can help, by showing congressional interest, sometimes it lights a fire. July 2013, BIA dismissed the appeal.

September 6, 2013... accepted the new( third times a charm) I 130.¡!¡! Was sent to NBC.

I have now been in Mexico for 5 years,3 months, 29 days, and a few odd hours. Trying to take my now 5 year old son , home to US, to finally reunite with my husband. ( who must reside in u.s. to support us in mexico, he is a resident alien)

Comment

How long long will it take?

I'm brazilian and my father applied the I-130 in july 11th for me. He's already US citizens and so is my younger brother. I'm 24. I know that my case is in 1st preference on USCIS decision, after son under 21 that it's very fast and they have to give the green card, but how long does take my kind of decisions? My case is in Vermont Service Center.

Comment

Petition for I-130

Hey guys,
              In case you guys haven't stumbled upon this yet...someone has created a petition to shorten the processing time for I-130.
              Please take five seconds to pass it on and tell anyone you know to sign it and pass it along. Thanks!

Comment

Help

Someone has kindly created a general email (google doc) for all of us to copy and paste and send it to everyone on the email list (on pg 3 of google doc). The plan is that everyone will email/fax them THIS TUESDAY (11/19) in hopes to raise awareness of the issue of the long dreadful processing time. Please help take part in this issue and pass it along.
                I truly believe if we all took part in this, we can make change!

Comment

Originally posted by BartleB View Post
                  My wife is green card holder. If she apply for 130 for me, will i be able to stay in US untill i get my green card?
                  I am a US citizen and my husband is here waiting for his 130

Comment

Processing time

Hi all, the first time I applied it took over 18 months, but I was in the USA. After Katrina wiped me (Aussie citizen) and my US hubby out, we came to Australia for 6 years. I am now re-applying. The wait times at the moment are 4 months for immediate family, that is spouse or child. If it's a fiancé or in law, it can take up to 4 years depending on the country your relative comes from. General wait times for full processing is 6 to 12 months. Since I was previously a permanent resident, mine is only 4 months. It is much easier if your relative is in the USA, and they can come on a visitor visa and then apply for residency. BUT, if they are rejected, they may be deported and cannot reapply for up to 5 years. Some church advocacy groups will help free, and some lawyers will give free advice. The best way to find out is to sign up once you have a receipt number for online checking, and keep calling your office of lodgement.

Comment

I-130 first notice

Hi,
                      I am the spouse of an american citizen. We have filed I-130 on 4th Nov 13. We have checked that the visa fees are deducted from the account but we did not get any email notice or receipt no. from the immigration as of today. What could have gone wrong? How could we chase the status? Thanks for any advise

Comment

Form I-130, Form G-1145 and Form I-864

@Zodiak and Everyone Else:

My fiancée and I are VERY new to this whole process. I have MANY questions.

1. Did you file your Form I-864 (Affidavit of Spousal Support) in conjunction with your I-130 or is it a separate filing?
                        2. Is there a fee for filing the Form I-864?
                        3. What is the "DS260"? I have not come across this form during my research.

And yes, I have seen MANY other people posting in other forums that filing form G-1145 with EACH and EVERY form that you file is essential to keeping track of approval status.

I thank you in advance for any answers to the questions above and I wish you all the speediest and smoothest immigration experience! ! !

All the best ~ Yonni

Originally posted by zodiak View Post
                        I am currently in the same boat as you are.Filled i130(California) for wife who is in india in Nov and waiting for an approval. I have been tracking many cases and see that the average time for 130 is about 80 days.

You will not hear back from them until any RFE or approval. Please have email notification or mobile notification added to USCIS, so that you will know right away if anything is happening with your case.

One of my family member got approval, who had filled i130(California) in OCT. It took about 82 days. Now the case is moved to NVC for further processing.
                        once your case is around 70 days, please ask your wife to get her police clearance and not from police station but from passport services online. Also try to gather all required documents like original Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate. You will have to send copies to NVC.

Get familiar with DS260 and Affidavit of support forms. Get your Tax transcript from IRS and have these documents ready so that you don't have to wait.

Hope you get it soon. Please can you add your case to http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/ as well.

Thanks,
                        Zodiak

Comment

hello friend,

Max processing time at vermont service center is ..... I am us citizen. we have filed I-130 on march 2014. We have checked that the visa fees are not deducted from the account so what wrong..
                          Last edited by dp09; 04-23-2014, 05:47 PM. Reason: add

Comment

I-130 processing

Originally posted by dp09 View Post
                            Max processing time at vermont service center is ..... I am us citizen. we have filed I-130 on march 2014. We have checked that the visa fees are not deducted from the account so what wrong..
                            Dear dp09:

Is your wife here on a fiancee visa and when in March did you file the I - 130?

From what I have been able to gather, the fiancee visa is 90 days in order for you to get married and allow for the 80+ days to process the I-130.

As stated in Zodiak's original post, you will not hear anything until the form has been processed.

Did you make sure to include the form for email and/or mobile notification?

Here is wishing you all the best!

Comment

Should I include add my spouse in the I130 filing

Hi All ,
                              My Mom ( US Citizen) had filed my I 30 in June 2010
                              I just recvd the I 797 for my I 30
                              I have been cleared and its in post decision activity
                              Should I add my spouse to my petition or wait till my green card comes throiugh
                              Which option is quicker and less hassle?

Comment

Dear Asim

Originally posted by Asim Pathan View Post
                                Hi All ,
                                My Mom ( US Citizen) had filed my I 30 in June 2010
                                I just recvd the I 797 for my I 30
                                I have been cleared and its in post decision activity
                                Should I add my spouse to my petition or wait till my green card comes throiugh
                                Which option is quicker and less hassle?
                                Dear Asim:

My deepest apologies for the lateness of this reply. I hate to inform you, but this forum is absolutely useless for getting any answers from posting. Not one person ever replies or offers any assistance and/or suggestions (except me and I am going through similar turmoil).

My best advice is to find a way to pay for an immigration lawyer. I have found one in Los Angeles that only starts at $599 - all the rest start around $3,000!

I am not 100% positive, but I believe that you need to be living in the US as a resident for one full year before you can petition for your spouse... please do not quote me on that.

Where are you currently?

Hope you have already found the answer you were looking for and here is wishing you and your wife all the best ! ! !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X