Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 2013- anyone travel to India with OCI card, but new passport without OCI stamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 2013- anyone travel to India with OCI card, but new passport without OCI stamp?

I have a ticket to fly to India in 1 week. Two years ago, I obtained an OCI card, and then a new passport after that. My new passport does not have the OCI stamp on it, and the OCI card has my old passport number on it. I still have my old passport. I know that in the past we have been able to travel with the new and old passport + OCI card. I heard that they have passed a new law (per agents at Travisa) that as of 2013 we are no longer allowed to enter India without the new passport having the OCI stamp. Is this correct?

If so, I need to cancel my trip, so please reply as soon as possible.

How old are you?

If you are between the age of 21 and 50, you don't have to get new OCI stamp in the new passport. Otherwise, you have to do so.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalia80 View Post
      I have a ticket to fly to India in 1 week. Two years ago, I obtained an OCI card, and then a new passport after that. My new passport does not have the OCI stamp on it, and the OCI card has my old passport number on it. I still have my old passport. I know that in the past we have been able to travel with the new and old passport + OCI card. I heard that they have passed a new law (per agents at Travisa) that as of 2013 we are no longer allowed to enter India without the new passport having the OCI stamp. Is this correct?

If so, I need to cancel my trip, so please reply as soon as possible.
      Can you please update and let us know what you did? Did you cancel the trip or were you able to go with the OCI stamp on the old passport along with the new PP?

Comment

If someone was required to get new OCI card but didn't and was still allowed, that does not mean everyone will be allowed.

Based on your age, if you are supposed to get new one, get it. If not, don't get it.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X