Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for parents starting Jan 1st, 2014

Hi,

My parents plan to immigrate to US after their green card process is completed sometime this fall. They have visited here a number of times before.

My question is my father at 67 and mother at 63, will they be able to buy medical insurance from Govt. after Jan 1st, 2014 when it's compulsory for everyone to have insurance.

What options would be available for someone to buy insurance at that time. Will it cover pre-existing conditions like Glaucoma after Jan 1st?

will this be different in each state i.e. California vs. New York or New Jersey?

Thanks

At this time, it is too early to answer such questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hello,

I am in the same position as the OP (my parents are 67 and 62), and my parents arrived in the U.S. (Dallas, TX) last month. At this time, we do not have any insurance coverage for them. I have looked at the options on insubuy.com, and it looks like the Bridge Plan may be the best option.

When I complete the application form for the Bridge Plan, do I have to provide proof of good health for my parents (i.e., do they have to submit blood work)? The form just has "yes" or "no" boxes for many pre-existing conditions, but does not indicate whether I have to provide proof of their good health.

Thanks,
      Retyre.

Comment

In Bridge plan, you will go through medical exam after you submit the application.

Make sure to accurately fill out the application.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X