Visa approved but administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chennai - Administrative Processing

Anyone from Chennai whose visa has been stuck in AP status? I submitted my documents to Bangalore VFS on 2nd Dec. Case ready on 8th Dec...Since 16th Dec case has not updated and has been in AP.

Comment

• H1b visa administrative processing hyderabad

Hello,

Its been two weeks that I have attended the interview and my visa was issued without any slip. My case still shows up as A/P. My employer is a university/nonprofit organization, does this have something to do with the delay??

Comment

• Please let me know which US consulate location in india did u attend

Please let me know which US consulate location in india did u attend

Originally posted by zerrar View Post
        I've finally received an email today stating that my visa has been approved, the status on CEAC has changed as well to ISSUED

Interview date 11/29/2016 : the VO didn't ask me about any document apart from the petition and the approval notice and of course the passport, he told me that my papers are in order but he cant access the petition in their system he kept the passport and the documents and issued me a white 221g notice and said that I should hear from them in 2 to Weeks.

it seems like a PIMS issue but I believe that I got TALed also as I work for an IT security company and it falls under TAL list.

Case Creation Date: 29-Nov-2016 - Administrative Processing
        Status Updated Date (for the first time since the interview) : 11-Dec-2016 - Administrative Processing
        Status Updated Date (2nd update) : 13-Dec-2016 -Administrative Processing
        Status Updated Date (3rd update) : 18-Dec-2016 -Administrative Processing
        Status Updated Date (4th update) : 21-Dec-2016 -Administrative Processing then I've received the email
        Status Updated Date (5th update) : 21-Dec-2016 - Issued after an hour from the previous email

Good luck to everyone! its a painful process but I hope that eventually everyone will have his Visa issued

Comment

• hi zerrar

Could you please tell me which US consulate you attended s VISA interview.

Comment

• Is going to enquire at the consulate/embassy a good option?

Hi guddu,

Could you share a bit more on your experience? Did you initially choose to collect the passport from the consulate or have it delivered to a location of choice? It's been 6 business days since my interview and my F1 visa was approved during the interview. However, same as everyone else here, the online status still shows 'admin processing'. Given your wife's experience, would you suggest going to the embassy to enquire the status and perhaps pick up the passport? I initially selected the delivery service and am not sure whether the passport will be in should I go to the embassy.

Thanks,

Originally posted by guddu49 View Post
            My wife got her passport today(after 8 business days). She went to the consulate and explained to one of the consular employee at the passport collection center that she has a flight booking next week and her visa was approved. The employee was a very nice person and went inside to check on her passport. After a few minutes he came out and said that her visa is approved and her passport can be picked up from the collection location that afternoon.
            I hope this helps anyone who faces a similar issue.

Comment

• Hi Guddu49,

Could you please guide, Did you wife went to U.S. Embassy? Or you mean to say the Passport Collection Center (VFS)?

If Embassy, Was there any Information Desk to enquire about the Passport or how She met a Consulate?

Please guide how we can get in contact with a Consulate.

Thanks in advance

Comment

• [QUOTE=H4visa march11;296908][QUOTE=pathology;296755]
                Originally posted by H4visa march11 View Post

yeah sure i ll update on any development... but really it is frustrating![/QUOTEt

Hi

My status changed to "Ready" today. What I have read from other people's experience is that it should change to "Issued" in next 3 to 4 days.

What about you? any updates?

Hello,

I have read your post in this form. I am in the same situation. I attended my H1 Interview and the VO orally said that my VISA is approved. He neither gave me a 221g or informed me about any documentation needed. It has been 20 days and I am still waiting for my passport from the consulate.

The status in CEAC is "admni processing" from the day of interview and the status update DATE changed to today but the status is still "admin processing". The status in VISA appointment website has been showing "your passport is still with US consulate" and changed to "document delivery information" with no information underneath.

Please help me know understand the situation.

Thanks
                Ritesh

Comment

• Any update on this?

[QUOTE=ritznim;479119][QUOTE=H4visa march11;296908]
                  Originally posted by pathology View Post

Hello,

I have read your post in this form. I am in the same situation. I attended my H1 Interview and the VO orally said that my VISA is approved. He neither gave me a 221g or informed me about any documentation needed. It has been 20 days and I am still waiting for my passport from the consulate.

The status in CEAC is "admni processing" from the day of interview and the status update DATE changed to today but the status is still "admin processing". The status in VISA appointment website has been showing "your passport is still with US consulate" and changed to "document delivery information" with no information underneath.

Please help me know understand the situation.

Thanks
                  Ritesh

Comment

• J1 visa... What is happening?

Hi,

I had my interview for J1 visa in US consulate in Hong Kong on 27th March (Monday). After a quick interview, I was told that my visa is approved. I am a Polish passport holder and I needed my passport back on that day, so the Officer informed me that I can take it and to come back to the Consulate on Thursday (30 March) to get the visa printed in my passport.
                    So, on Thursday I went to the Consulate again and I was told that unfortunately my visa is not ready yet and that they can't give me any information when the visa will be ready to pick up...

1 day later (Friday 31 March), I received an email from the Consulate saying "NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION: Your visa application s undergoing necessary administrative processing. Processing time varies from case to case, and it is unfortunately impossible for us to predict the exact date when the processing will be complete."

Also on the same day (31.03) the CEAC webside was updated: LAST CASE UPDATED: 31.03 (CASE CREATED: 24.03)
                    It is 8th of April now and the CEAC webside still says "Administrative Processing". I called the Consulate 2 times, also send them emails, but they still say that they have no updates for me.

Today I received a reply to my emails from the consulate:

"Dear Mr. Xxx,

Thank you for writing to the US Visa Service Desk. We understand that you wish to know your visa application status. We would like to inform you that your application requires additional administrative processing. It can take up to 60 days for the process of administrative clearance. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview, but the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case."

I should be in the US in a week time and I honestly start doubting that I will ever participate in my J1 program... I am totally freaking out now. Anyone can give me some information regarding this kind of cases?

Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by matepas View Post
                      Hi,

I had my interview for J1 visa in US consulate in Hong Kong on 27th March (Monday). After a quick interview, I was told that my visa is approved. I am a Polish passport holder and I needed my passport back on that day, so the Officer informed me that I can take it and to come back to the Consulate on Thursday (30 March) to get the visa printed in my passport.
                      So, on Thursday I went to the Consulate again and I was told that unfortunately my visa is not ready yet and that they can't give me any information when the visa will be ready to pick up...

1 day later (Friday 31 March), I received an email from the Consulate saying "NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION: Your visa application s undergoing necessary administrative processing. Processing time varies from case to case, and it is unfortunately impossible for us to predict the exact date when the processing will be complete."

Also on the same day (31.03) the CEAC webside was updated: LAST CASE UPDATED: 31.03 (CASE CREATED: 24.03)
                      It is 8th of April now and the CEAC webside still says "Administrative Processing". I called the Consulate 2 times, also send them emails, but they still say that they have no updates for me.

Today I received a reply to my emails from the consulate:

"Dear Mr. Xxx,

Thank you for writing to the US Visa Service Desk. We understand that you wish to know your visa application status. We would like to inform you that your application requires additional administrative processing. It can take up to 60 days for the process of administrative clearance. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of your visa interview, but the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case."

I should be in the US in a week time and I honestly start doubting that I will ever participate in my J1 program... I am totally freaking out now. Anyone can give me some information regarding this kind of cases?

Matt

Same situation here. Had my J1 Visa interview at Istanbul Consulate on 4th of April. I've been told my visa is approved and they got my passport. A week later I had it back with the yellow paper of instructions for administrative processing. Still waiting.

And this is the third time I've been going in administrative processing for my fourth US Visa. Last one was for B1/B2 and it took almost 50 days to resolve for the same passport I'm holding.

I have a friend working at the Embassy in Ankara, he told me that many people are held for administrative processing. This started with Trump being president he said.

If you have any development in your case please let me know.

Comment

• Was the visa approved finally?

Hello,
                        What about your husband's h4 visa then, wat it approved finally? If so how how long it took for him? Please reply cause I'm in the same position now..

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Comment

• H4 visa administrative processing from july 20, 2017

Me and my husband applied for the visa stamping through drop box at hyderabad on July 17. Then we were asked to appear for personal interview on July 20th and we were told its approved . My husband's visa got issued the very next day but my visa status is still pending under administrative processing. They don't need any additional documents.

Is anyone else in the same situation

Comment

• Originally posted by Swati.M View Post
                            Me and my husband applied for the visa stamping through drop box at hyderabad on July 17. Then we were asked to appear for personal interview on July 20th and we were told its approved . My husband's visa got issued the very next day but my visa status is still pending under administrative processing. They don't need any additional documents.

Is anyone else in the same situation
                            Hello Swati, I hope your case has been resolved. If not it is really nothing to be worried about. I went through the same thing during my visa process 4 years ago, but it was resolved in 2 weeks.

Administrative processing is used to verify that the individual(s) involved pose no threat to the United States.

If your name or something about your profile matches the record of anyone the US considers a threat, they put you on hold to confirm that you are in no way related to such person or event.

I believe the process should take a few weeks but its usually less than 60 days according to their website.

If you need more help, you can contact me here: olu (@) noabros.com

Hope you have a great time in the US!

Comment

• Administrative processsing completed

This is how the interview went

Submitted my passport

VO: let me use my superpowers and tell this. You went from F1 to OPT then H1
                              Me: Yes, Exactly!

VO: Where do you work?
                              ME: Answered.

VO: What is your Salary
                              Me: Answered

VO: What is your highest degree:
                              Me: Answered

VO: Kept my passport aside with a tag on it, Gave me a sheet with the case number and said "Nothing to worry about. Your visa will take additional 2 days for administrative processing. Nothing to worry about. Just additional 2 days"
                              ME: Ok thank you!

Visa interview date: 29th March 2018
                              First visa status update: 3rd April 208 (Administrative processing)
                              Second visa Status update: 6th April 2018 (ISSUED)
                              Got a mail reg passport delivery : 9th April 2018
                              Picked up myspassport: 9th April 2018

Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Hello Friends,i have a question.After a interview i received 221 d to send documents.I sent them ,and after one week my status from administrative processing was changed to Issued.How long I have to wait until they send my visa?its been 2 weeks already and I dont have email from them?
                                Anyone with the same experience?
                                Thanks
                                Last edited by Valeriy Val; 07-27-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X