X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Administrative processing

Hi,

Attended iterview on 12mar13.
    h1b visa approved.still shows as Aministrative processing.
    In my company/project they are asking me to track the status.Really frustrating.
    They booked the tickets for onsite last sunday and informed client also.
    Now it is really depressed to wait till.

Plz help

Comment

H4 Visa interview on 27th Mar and approved now in admin processing

Hi,

Spouse - H1B; Myself - H4

Interview was easy and under 5 mins; VO said visas are approved and we should expect them in 3-5 business days. My case is under "Administrative processing" and Spouse H1 approved,

H1B - Spouse
      Int Date - 27th Mar 2013
      Issued - 2nd April
      Passport received - 4th April
      --------------------------------------

H4 Applicant - myself
      Int Date - 27th Mar 2013
      Last updated date - 28th Mar - stuck in "Administrative processing"

Currently stuck in Admin processing! Very frustrating! Surprising part is my spouse's passport has come back with the visa issued. My visa is stuck. Any ideas?
      Last edited by friendlyxs; 04-06-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

My spouse is in the same situation. During the interview, VO said visa is approved and will be sent to the pickup location specified, but when we later checked the ceac.state.gov website, it says "Administrative processing". She was scheduled to return this Friday (4/12) and we have non-refundable flight tickets : (

My question to the helpful folks here:

1/ What is the difference between "Administrative processing" when an applicant is given 221(g) versus when an applicant is told visa is approved?

2/ My spouse just had the interview a day ago - is it possible that there is an automatic / temporary default status of administrative processing before issued status, or does this definitively mean she has been selected for admin processing, which can take several weeks to process? (She has been working as a direct employee for a US$ 3 billion company for the last 6 years, and has been in the US for the last 10. All previous interviews have been without any problems).

3/ To friendlyxs: hope your situation is resolved soon! I know this whole situation sucks.
        A Q: for your spouse, between March 27 and April 1, did the online status show "Issued" or "Administrative processing"? Thanks.

Comment

The VO set an expectation that we would only get the visas back in 3-5 business days. With the easter holiday, evening of 4/2 was the first time we checked the status. It was updated to "Issued" at the time. So I can't tell if it was any different before that date. My last Updated Date is still showing as 28-Mar-2013. It hasn't moved.

Here's a link that helps with statuses -> http://blogs.usembassy.gov/malaysia/...-status-check/

Another interesting link (Best answer here will give you an idea) -> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8214211AAlEOSb

Looks like waiting and checking the status continuously are the only options... Good luck!!

Comment

Status updated to "Ready"

My case status changed to "Ready" and "Status Updated Date" has changed to 8th April 2013. Today is the 7th business day from interview date.

Case Status changed back to "Administrative Processing" again around 4:45 pm today. "Status Updated Date" is 8th April now.
            Last edited by friendlyxs; 04-08-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks friendlyxs for those links. They give some idea into the process. Still, the situation where the VO says your visa is approved, but the case still goes into administrative processing is not entirely clear. The situation with 221g issuance is more obvious.

In our case, the VO did not just not say that your case is not being held, but actually said that it is approved (like some other cases mentioned on this thread). No documents were asked / required.
              Is it that when the VO then tries to issue the visa, the system somehow flags it and puts it into A/P?

Anyway, seems like your case will be issued soon. My impression from reading a lot of threads here and elsewhere is that when it is ready to be issued, it first becomes ready, then A/P again, and finally issued. Good luck!

(Also, if you don't mind me asking - are you the husband or wife? I ask because males probably have a higher chance of being flagged by A/P, but in our case my wife has been flagged. Thanks)

Comment

My husband is the principal applicant and I am the dependent on H4. We both were together at the interview and the VO very clearly said that our visas were approved. There was no request for any documentation or any questions.

Hoping for the best and waiting to see a change in my status soon.

Comment

Thanks friendlyxs. Did your status change since then?

Our issue is resolved, and the status now shows issued. So it seems, in our case, there was approximately 24 hours in between from when the VO said "approved" to when the status changed from 'A/P' to "Issued". I am not entirely sure if this was real Admin processing that cleared quickly, or some default intermediary stage before the issued status.

Good luck to all here!

Comment

Status changed to "ISSUED" today.

Comment

221g white paper

Congrts friendlyxs.

Mine is still in Admin Processing.

Interview Date: 17th Dec 2012 (Both H1 and H4) - got 221 G White with Admin processing

Passports Returned with no stamp on 03rd March 2013 (took 3 months to return our passports) but the status is still Admin Processing

i have been checking the status on CEAC website.. no luck till now..

anyone with similar situation?

Originally posted by friendlyxs View Post
                      Status changed to "ISSUED" today.

Comment

Administrative Processing - L1B

Hi,
                        Me and my spouse applied for L1B Visa PA Interview was on 6th May, my spouse's visa is issued but my Visa says Administrative Processing !!.
                        Is there a way for me to track the reason for this? Please help..

Comment

I was in a similar sitation. i wanted to write to let everyone know of my experience and provide some answers.
                          April 02, 2013 - Appeared for interview along with my wife who was applying for a seperate H1B Visa. We both had the USCIS approved I797's. The consular asked me where i was working and in a few seconds said both our visas ar issued and handed us a green slip.

April 04, 2013 - My wife received her passport with the visa stamped. My status on the tracking website changed to the dreaded "administrative processing". I panicked and started calling my employer, my local senator and congressman. They all were sympathetic but said that they couldnt help in this case. Called lawyer who said that there is no option but to wait and that processing can take up to 3 months.

April 08, 2013 - Status changed to "ready". Was very happy that there is at least some movement in my case. By the end of the day the status changed back to "administrative processing".

April 12, 2013 - Late afternoon, status changed again to "Issued".

April 13, 2013 - Got passport back.

"i think" that when the consulor officer says that the visa is issued he may decide for "PIMS" processing which takes a few more days to be completed. I am not entirely. I spent the whole time that i was visiting my parents under tremendous amount of stress as i was not even sure if I could keep my jopb if I did not return on time. If you get a green slip then i think the delay is of about a week more than what i would have ideally taken. There is no way to contact the embassy and if you do then they will send you templated reply for you to wait for at least 6-8 weeks. Hope this helps people who are in a similar situation.

Comment

@kv123

@KV123

Even we had same situation..our visa approved from VO but If I check passport status it is showing ADMIN Processing..Can you please help me how much time it is gonna take..

Comment

Visa Approved but still shows "Administrative Processing"

I already hold a L1 Visa that is stamped in my passport. My family attended the interview (actually it was just my spouse as one does not need to go with kids) In New Delhi consulate on 24th May(Friday). Everything went fine and my spouse was told by the consular that the Visa is approved and we will get the passport in next few days. My spouse was handed a small Green Card but just the generic information with the Title " Your Visa is approved". Now when i checked on the website specific to the "Visa Wait time", I see status for both my kids shows up as "Issued" while for my Spouse it still shows "Administrative Processing".

Not sure on the logic to hold the Visa for my spouse while Issue the same for rest of the family. May be since there is nothing to validate for the kids, its easy step. Though it is just 2 days since my spouse appeared for the interview, not sure if this is usual step , however I see it can hold on for 60 days and at worst over 90 days(if i were to believe what is mentioned on the website). Unless one gets a 221-g refusal slip, does anyone aware if this could go faster than what is mentioned on the website ? I have two trips planned, travelling alone in next one week and then another with family in 4 weeks, so both of them are going to get messed up if status for my spouse remain un-changed. Have no option but to be patient!!

Comment

vo approved but ceac says administrative processing

I attended visa interview in Chennai consulate. I am working in the us and visiting India for vacation. The vo said everything looks fine and visa is approved. But I did not receive passport the next few days and upon checking in ceac the status is administrative processing. It is in that status for 2 weeks. Did anyone experience this in Chennai consulate ? Any suggestion about what I can do about this? I called , email ed but none gives a specific answer from vfs or consulate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X