Visa approved but administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Update on your case

Could you please let me know in which consulate you appeared for Interview and which date. Thanks

Originally posted by gsingh01v View Post
    I was in a similar sitation. i wanted to write to let everyone know of my experience and provide some answers.
    April 02, 2013 - Appeared for interview along with my wife who was applying for a seperate H1B Visa. We both had the USCIS approved I797's. The consular asked me where i was working and in a few seconds said both our visas ar issued and handed us a green slip.

April 04, 2013 - My wife received her passport with the visa stamped. My status on the tracking website changed to the dreaded "administrative processing". I panicked and started calling my employer, my local senator and congressman. They all were sympathetic but said that they couldnt help in this case. Called lawyer who said that there is no option but to wait and that processing can take up to 3 months.

April 08, 2013 - Status changed to "ready". Was very happy that there is at least some movement in my case. By the end of the day the status changed back to "administrative processing".

April 12, 2013 - Late afternoon, status changed again to "Issued".

April 13, 2013 - Got passport back.

"i think" that when the consulor officer says that the visa is issued he may decide for "PIMS" processing which takes a few more days to be completed. I am not entirely. I spent the whole time that i was visiting my parents under tremendous amount of stress as i was not even sure if I could keep my jopb if I did not return on time. If you get a green slip then i think the delay is of about a week more than what i would have ideally taken. There is no way to contact the embassy and if you do then they will send you templated reply for you to wait for at least 6-8 weeks. Hope this helps people who are in a similar situation.

Comment

Visa Approved but Administrative Processing, Chennai Consulate

Originally posted by vskumar403 View Post
      I attended visa interview in Chennai consulate. I am working in the us and visiting India for vacation. The vo said everything looks fine and visa is approved. But I did not receive passport the next few days and upon checking in ceac the status is administrative processing. It is in that status for 2 weeks. Did anyone experience this in Chennai consulate ? Any suggestion about what I can do about this? I called , email ed but none gives a specific answer from vfs or consulate
      Hi Vskumar,
      I am facing that issue as well. When did you attend your interview.

My Interview date was 12th June 2013

Right now the status is "Administrative Processing even though the VO said, my visa is approved after the interview" -

Case creation date - 11th June 2013
      Status updated date - 17th June 2013 (Until yesterday morning it was 12th June 2013).

Kindly let me know if you get any updates

Comment

That means some kind of activity has taken place..ideally, what it means is they have been able to resolve the queries raised in your application and is now on way to issue you the visa. My understanding is you will hear from them tmw or day after tomorrow.

The flow is this: Administrative processing --> Ready --> Administrative processing --> Issue --> passport in hand

Between ready and issue ..it takes about 2 working days..and between Issue and passport-in-hand its about another day or so..this is the general time taken but some cases can take more time. So any status update is a step forward to you getting the visa stamped.

Good luck and let me know when you get the visa

Originally posted by rahulkarthik View Post
        Hi Vskumar,
        I am facing that issue as well. When did you attend your interview.

My Interview date was 12th June 2013

Right now the status is "Administrative Processing even though the VO said, my visa is approved after the interview" -

Case creation date - 11th June 2013
        Status updated date - 17th June 2013 (Until yesterday morning it was 12th June 2013).

Kindly let me know if you get any updates
        Last edited by B1_US_visa; 06-18-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Is there any specific time and day in the week when they update the statuses?

For all in this thread who observed status changes--was it india time or USA time zone?.....in case u noticed which day in the week...

i read somewhere they only update on tuesday and friday?

Comment

Originally posted by balli View Post
            Is there any specific time and day in the week when they update the statuses?

For all in this thread who observed status changes--was it india time or USA time zone?.....in case u noticed which day in the week...

i read somewhere they only update on tuesday and friday?
            The status for me was updated Monday Morning IST (June 17th).

Again June 18th around Noon IST, the status updated to "issued".

Alll the best for rest of you all...

Comment

hi rahul
              which consulate was this? new delhi?

Comment

Originally posted by balli View Post
                hi rahul
                which consulate was this? new delhi?
                Chennai....

Comment

There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.

Hi to All,

I had my interview under E3 category last june 17,2013. They had me returned in the afternoon for a 2nd interview and had put it in writting and had me signed. They took my documents including the originals as well as my passport and instructed me to wait for it to be mailed at my house.

The first time I checked my passport status on jun 20, it stated " passport still with post " then the next time I checked last july 5 it stated "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.".. What does this imply?.. I also checked my CEAC Status but still no changes from the first time I inquired last june 20.
                  Case created: aug 29,2006
                  Status update: june 20,2013
                  Administrative processing

Which one is more important checking passport or ceac status? Does anyone had this similar case with me , your explaination would be greatly appreciated . Thank you.

Comment

H4 visa admin processing since 6 months

Hi,

Is there any possible way we can expedite H4 visa processing? for all who posted their long wait times, did anyone's h4 visa get approved?

My husband applied for H4 visa Feb 22nd, 2013 in Calgary Embassy and is going through administrative processing since. He is currently working on his PHD in Canada. I am working in US on H1B, which is not stamped. I am out of vacation days and don't want to risk getting stuck in Canada while getting h1B stamped..

Can anyone please tell how long can administrative processing take? It's been 6 months now since we applied. I haven't seen my husband since ~ 7 months. I will appreciate if anyone can respond and share their story.

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately there is no way to expedite the AP. Your husband will just have to wait it out. The clearance times varies for everyone and I have seen it cleared from as less than 1 week to 14 months.My wife and I are both going through AP; she got her clearance last week after 5 months while mine is still pending..Just have patience and try to email the consulate or call the state department for updates. You could also have your lawyer email through legal net or contact you local senator for assistance but honestly from what I have heard is that does not really expedite anything.

I know it must be difficult and absolutely frustrating but you will just have to be patient. I am not sure but maybe you can visit canada if you have a valid canadian visa under the Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) rule.

Good luck

Originally posted by Buddy28 View Post
                      Hi,

Is there any possible way we can expedite H4 visa processing? for all who posted their long wait times, did anyone's h4 visa get approved?

My husband applied for H4 visa Feb 22nd, 2013 in Calgary Embassy and is going through administrative processing since. He is currently working on his PHD in Canada. I am working in US on H1B, which is not stamped. I am out of vacation days and don't want to risk getting stuck in Canada while getting h1B stamped..

Can anyone please tell how long can administrative processing take? It's been 6 months now since we applied. I haven't seen my husband since ~ 7 months. I will appreciate if anyone can respond and share their story.

Thanks

Comment

Visa Approved but administrative processing

Hi,

I work for a tech giant in Silicon Valley. I am a full time employee and joined the company in May 2013. I frequently travel to China as I am involved in business here. I was a full time employee in my previous company as well. I attended the visa interview at the Shanghai Consulate; after I asking the Shanghai Consulate if an Indian citizen can apply for NIV here. I talked to my attorney too before I travelled and she said it's fine.

I have previous got my visa stamped in Mexico (3 times to be exact) and never had any issues.

Shanghai Consulate:
                        Visa interview : Sept 12th
                        Docs requested: Sept 16th
                        Docs submitted Sept 17th

My case still shows administrative processing (as on Oct 9th). Luckily, I can work from here until it's resolved, however it's getting close to 4 weeks since my interview and I am not sure what's the hold up.

I never had this issue before and I work in the Mechanical Design and Manufacturing fields. I called the Dept of State and they said 'the embassy has all the information'. So, wanted to check and see if I can get any helpful tips on how to proceed.

Comment

Case Update

Hi,

I work for a tech giant in Silicon Valley. I am a full time employee and joined the company in May 2013. I frequently travel to China as I am involved in business here. I was a full time employee in my previous company as well. I attended the visa interview at the Shanghai Consulate; after I asking the Shanghai Consulate if an Indian citizen can apply for NIV here. I talked to my attorney too before I travelled and she said it's fine.

I have previous got my visa stamped in Mexico (3 times to be exact) and never had any issues.

Shanghai Consulate:
                          Visa interview : Sept 12th
                          Docs requested: Sept 16th
                          Docs submitted Sept 17th
                          Case status update: Oct 21st
                          Passport submitted: Oct 23rd ( I took my passport to travel to India)
                          Issued: Oct 25th
                          Passport in hand: Oct 29th

The only tip I have is please plan alternative options to work remotely in case of administrative processing. And should have a lot of patience. ALl the best to everyone who's still waiting. Hope this information helps.

Comment

Duration of "Administrative Processing" after "Ready"

U.S Embassy Islamabad, Pakistan

Case Type: Immigrant (K1/K2, Fiance Visa)
                            Petitioner: Female (U.S Citizen)
                            Case Creation: Dec 12, 2012
                            Interview (Incl. Blue Slip [Ineligible]): Mar 19, 2013
                            Administrative Processing (Incl. Submission of Docs): From Mar 20, 2013 to Sep 29, 2013 (6½ Months)
                            (Embassy Replied on Apr 24, 2013) : Documents Received, Checked and Found Good for Your Visa)

Status Ready: Sep 30, 2013
                            Case Creation Date Changed: Sep 30, 2013
                            Case Type Changed: Non-Immigrant

Case is Again on Administrative Processing: Oct 02, 2013

Today (Oct 31, 2013) Case is Still on Administrative Processing.

Do You Have Any Idea, What is Next? and When? and When will I get my Visa in Hand? What is the Trend of other? What is the Maximum Time They Took After Status Ready? Please Help.
                            Last edited by Taif Al-Hamed Al-Nahyan; 10-31-2013, 10:35 AM. Reason: Making Short (Summarize)

Comment

Hi Friends,

Today I attended H1B interview at hyderabad and consular officer said my visa is approved and taken my passport. But if I see the status on ceac.state.gov. My application status shows "Administrative Processing".

They did not issue any 221g to me or any other slip.

Has anyone faced this situation before?

whom should i contact regarding this?

How long does this status show?

Should I need to submit any documents?

Please help me

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,

Ranjit.

Comment

Administrative processing

Can I get some insight on the administrative processing I visited the embassy on June 16, 2013 and the VO said my visa was approve you will receive it in 3-5 business day and apply on DHL site to receive the passport. Three weeks after the interview I sent an email to them and they said that my status is in administrative processing. Its been 6 months now and I am still in administrative processing. What is the longest time that I can be in this status?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X